You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old December 30th, 2017, 11:31 AM   #1
Wahidul Islam
Bangladesh

My rslogix 5000 does not listed 1756 controllogix contollers

I have installed rs logix 5000 v 20, and I have a project file (.acd) ehere the controller is 1756-L71..... my software does not contains 1756 controllogix controllers .... if I start a new program then the list don't have that conteoller.

how to update the list of controllers in my rslogix 5000 v 20? can anyone help?
Old December 30th, 2017, 11:45 AM   #2
Maxkling
United States

Where did you get the installation media from?
Old December 30th, 2017, 12:00 PM   #3
Contr_Conn
United States

You probably have Mini or Lite version that supports CompactLogix controllers only.
You need Standard or higher activation to see ControlLogix

Features and versions based on the activation level while all installations are the same.
Old December 31st, 2017, 06:19 AM   #4
Ih8Siemens
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

God I hate mini.... I accidentally borrow the wrong activations from our server from time to time and it’s always the mini -.-

Now for the bad news... If you can and you are not already invested... GEt far far far away from V20 or V21 then once you’ve done that, go further. You will run into problems like the one I had tonight where you won’t be able to upload from a controller unless you have the native copy of the program or worse you will have someone make changes with 21.03.xx and you will never be able to get it off the controller again. . However, if you are already invested then just look up studio 5000 v20.00.03 (stick with that version and don’t put any other 20/21 versions on your computer and also don’t let anyone else connect if they have a different version)) and whatever you do DO NOT USE 20.03.xx. I know I am a stranger but please take my word on it.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum