Upgrading ControlLogix Firmware and Changing PLC Chassis

wlr3m4

I've got a AB ControlLogix that I'm gonna be installing into a smaller chassis and upgrading its firmware. I've never done so before so I want to know the dangers and anything I should know about before time. Is this all fairly standard, nothing to worry about?

I've got a AB ControlLogix that I'm gonna be installing into a smaller chassis and upgrading its firmware. I've never done so before so I want to know the dangers and anything I should know about before time. Is this all fairly standard, nothing to worry about?

Is the ControlLogix new, or is there a program loaded in it? If there is already a program loaded in it, then make sure you upload the program first so you have a backup. Also, if you are moving it to a smaller rack, you may have to update the rack size in the program (RSLogix5000/Studio5000), if there is already a program loaded in it.

You don't want to lose comms when doing a firmware change (power loss, cable gets disconnected, etc)... it can brick the controller