OEE Software

dginbuffalo

Hello all,

My company is looking to begin looking at OEE software that would give managers, etc a dashboard to look at machine efficiency. I'm not sure they're ready to jump in completely to a high cost system and was wondering if there's anything out there to "get their feet wet". Ideally something with OPC to integrate into our AB PLC's. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Ignition + Sepasoft OEE module

Now, there will be licensing costs involved. However, you could do some proof of concept work with basic Ignition modules, basic understanding of OEE calculations and some labor and minimize licensing.

Heck, you could to a POC for free using Ignition 2-hour "demo" mode.

FactoryTalk Metrics.

Your distributor or Integrator should be able to set up a month free trial or whatever they think is necessary to evaluate the system. If you're nice they might even do some minimal programming for you.

We rolled our own OEE using the SQL server and visualisation package that we were already using. Basic OEE isn't that hard.

FactoryTalk Metrics.

Your distributor or Integrator should be able to set up a month free trial or whatever they think is necessary to evaluate the system. If you're nice they might even do some minimal programming for you.

We rolled our own OEE using the SQL server and visualisation package that we were already using. Basic OEE isn't that hard.

We've had them in here to look at this. I think the price scared them for now!

I second Ignition + Sepasoft. We did a demo two years ago, and after setting everything up with the 2-hour demo mode, Inductive Automation gave us a free 30-day trial license so we could run the full system for a month.

Depend on how flashy or how much money they want to throw at it.

You can range from the suggestions above to just working out the OEE in the PLC and collating the results in Excel via RS Linx.

We installed a Metrix system for a customer, a year later its now done through Excel and Linx (for the Factory floor display) with the Excel sheet recording the values every half hour and saving to network drive for all to view. That suited that customer.