You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old January 26th, 2018, 02:09 PM   #1
Ken Roach
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

"Short circuit bug" in Profibus DP repeaters

I'm looking at Profibus DP repeaters, and have been reading datasheets and user manuals.

The website for the Procentec model B1 repeater refers to "the frustrating short-circuit bug" of Profibus DP repeaters.

What is it referring to ?

My guess is that an unpowered repeater might look like a short circuit to the connected Profibus DP network, but that's a complete spitball guess.

Can anyone shed some light on this ? I've dispatched an e-mail to Procentec but would like some independent perspective.

My goal is to use several repeaters to allow a single Hilscher NT50-MPI gateway to access four otherwise independent Profibus DP networks, one at a time.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum