You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!


 
 
plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.
 
Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!


Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 6th, 2018, 04:01 PM   #1
geniusintraining
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

geniusintraining is offline
 
geniusintraining's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SC
Posts: 5,315
OT : how cool

Launch and came back, nice programming

http://www.spacex.com/webcast
__________________
www.PLCCable.com PLC Communication Cables, PLC Trainers, Fluke Meters, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, Siemens, Allen Bradley and more... all your automation needs... ((NEW)) After Market 1784-U2DHP Allen Bradley USB to DH+ and Gateways
  Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2018, 04:19 PM   #2
benaiahhenry
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

benaiahhenry is offline
 
benaiahhenry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Corning, NY
Posts: 247
Just watched it as well, pretty awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbSwFU6tY1c
  Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2018, 04:26 PM   #3
Ken Roach
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Ken Roach is offline
 
Ken Roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 13,789
Packed thirty of my colleagues into the conference room to cheer for it. We had a small role in design and tooling for the launch tower and parts of the payload fairing, so the boss didn't mind the productivity hit.

I also saw my first Model 3 on the highway today, and watched the fastest convertible in history leave the planet.
  Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2018, 04:31 PM   #4
dmroeder
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

dmroeder is offline
 
dmroeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 1,995
We packed about a dozen people into one of our conference rooms and watched it too!
  Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2018, 04:56 PM   #5
padees
Member
United States

padees is offline
 
padees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 395
Really Cool!

The last launch I watched was the Challenger. It was a somber day at work after that. To the Heroes that forged the way!
  Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2018, 06:19 PM   #6
Aabeck
Member
United States

Aabeck is offline
 
Aabeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Detroit
Posts: 903
Not too off-topic.

I'm sure at least one PLC was used somewhere making parts, maybe fueling, moving, etc...
__________________
Never underestimate the quality of idiots that will be running your machines
http://aabeck.com
  Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2018, 06:44 PM   #7
harryting
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

harryting is offline
 
harryting's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 1,733
Here you go, I'm not that motivated to travel anymore or I would've applied;

http://www.spacex.com/careers/position/213516
  Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2018, 06:49 PM   #8
Doug-P
Member
United States

Doug-P is offline
 
Doug-P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pa
Posts: 1,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aabeck View Post
Not too off-topic.

I'm sure at least one PLC was used somewhere making parts, maybe fueling, moving, etc...
IIRC, a PLC-3 ran the transporter which carried the shuttles, and others, from the hangar to the launch pad. Probably a CLX these days.
__________________
Let's eat Grandma!

Let's eat, Grandma!

Words are very important, but punctuation saves lives...
  Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2018, 09:32 PM   #9
Jeev
Member
Australia

Jeev is offline
 
Jeev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug-P View Post
IIRC, a PLC-3 ran the transporter which carried the shuttles, and others, from the hangar to the launch pad. Probably a CLX these days.
Are you sure it wasn't an Arduino or R-Pi?
  Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2018, 12:04 AM   #10
Doug-P
Member
United States

Doug-P is offline
 
Doug-P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pa
Posts: 1,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeev View Post
Are you sure it wasn't an Arduino or R-Pi?
From the link: The two crawler-transporters were designed and built by Marion Power Shovel Company using components designed and built by Rockwell International. Soo, Arduino/Rpi? Doubtful.

For those who missed it - Falcon 9 Heavy Launch
__________________
Let's eat Grandma!

Let's eat, Grandma!

Words are very important, but punctuation saves lives...
  Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2018, 05:07 AM   #11
geniusintraining
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

geniusintraining is offline
 
geniusintraining's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SC
Posts: 5,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Roach View Post
We had a small role in design and tooling for the launch tower and parts of the payload fairing
Its very cool to know you had a part in anything like that, we help build the circuit boards on the Mars Rover and a lot of other space technology, they have to be able to handle high heats
__________________
www.PLCCable.com PLC Communication Cables, PLC Trainers, Fluke Meters, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, Siemens, Allen Bradley and more... all your automation needs... ((NEW)) After Market 1784-U2DHP Allen Bradley USB to DH+ and Gateways
  Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2018, 07:28 AM   #12
John Morris
Member
United States

John Morris is offline
 
John Morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 560
Sometimes it very humbling hanging out here.

Thank you for the privilege.
__________________
"When nothing is going right, go left."

"Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if it kept its mouth shut."
(I should probably look into this)
  Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2018, 09:46 AM   #13
PLC Pie Guy
Member
Canada

PLC Pie Guy is offline
 
PLC Pie Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Halifax
Posts: 650
This is all really cool. Its an amazing milestone in the human moment and it would be awesome to have your name tied to something like this.

However...... Don't bash me to bad but.... Just imagine what this Musk fellow could do, had all of this energy, time, brilliant science and a following this massive be directed toward something that would benefit this Earth in its currently broken state. So many problems to solve, so many people in poverty, parts of our own continents suffering from severe draughts and wildfires. The constant need for affordable renewable energy, at a user level, which I'm sure these folks could likely solve. The fact that we don't even have a place to put or a method of disposing of the worlds recycled plastics. To simply ignore all of this and showboat a trip around Mars with the payload of a sports car! Kind of conceded!

Admire the technological accomplishments, of course I do! But it just seems such a waste of technology's abilities when something so much more important than having a car orbit our sun could have been done yesterday while the entire world watched.

Perhaps I'm narrow minded, I know I'm definitely ignorant to the missions objectives and goals but, REALLY???!!! As much as I enjoy watching shows about space exploration and such, I just wish the same amount of effort was being done to save / help our planet as there is being done to reach outer space simply to make it just another frontier for the worlds rich folks to explore, pollute and play in. All the while making one rich guy even more rich.


I also think it was a terrible idea to put 50 000 flame throwers on the streets! Its all fun and great till the wrong person gets their hands on one. That will be the next thing on CNN... "Flame Thrower Attack!"
But what do I know!

Just my opinion. I don't expect anybody to actually agree!
  Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2018, 10:10 AM   #14
rupej
Member
United States

rupej is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: NC
Posts: 341
I guess instead of solving the world's problems, maybe they just want to say "Screw it" and hope for a clean start on another planet.
  Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2018, 11:17 AM   #15
DaveW
Member
United States

DaveW is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLC Pie Guy View Post
This is all really cool. Its an amazing milestone in the human moment and it would be awesome to have your name tied to something like this.

However...... Don't bash me to bad but.... Just imagine what this Musk fellow could do, had all of this energy, time, brilliant science and a following this massive be directed toward something that would benefit this Earth in its currently broken state. So many problems to solve, so many people in poverty, parts of our own continents suffering from severe draughts and wildfires. The constant need for affordable renewable energy, at a user level, which I'm sure these folks could likely solve. The fact that we don't even have a place to put or a method of disposing of the worlds recycled plastics. To simply ignore all of this and showboat a trip around Mars with the payload of a sports car! Kind of conceded!

Admire the technological accomplishments, of course I do! But it just seems such a waste of technology's abilities when something so much more important than having a car orbit our sun could have been done yesterday while the entire world watched.

Perhaps I'm narrow minded, I know I'm definitely ignorant to the missions objectives and goals but, REALLY???!!! As much as I enjoy watching shows about space exploration and such, I just wish the same amount of effort was being done to save / help our planet as there is being done to reach outer space simply to make it just another frontier for the worlds rich folks to explore, pollute and play in. All the while making one rich guy even more rich.


I also think it was a terrible idea to put 50 000 flame throwers on the streets! Its all fun and great till the wrong person gets their hands on one. That will be the next thing on CNN... "Flame Thrower Attack!"
But what do I know!

Just my opinion. I don't expect anybody to actually agree!
I don't understand why he's making all them electric cars either. We need our gas guzzling cars and our hazy grey skies to make the earth nice and warm and we to help our OPEC friends.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OT - but totally cool - tiny engine ... Ron Beaufort LIVE PLC Questions And Answers 8 February 17th, 2015 10:13 PM
OT: VERY COOL!! Philae geniusintraining LIVE PLC Questions And Answers 2 November 16th, 2014 07:07 PM
OT: WAY OT... How small we are geniusintraining LIVE PLC Questions And Answers 61 June 18th, 2014 10:14 AM
OT: A Cool Startup IMO The Plc Kid LIVE PLC Questions And Answers 11 August 8th, 2013 04:13 PM
OT: Technology is cool mrtweaver LIVE PLC Questions And Answers 3 April 24th, 2009 12:19 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 PM.


.