You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old February 6th, 2018, 04:01 PM   #1
geniusintraining
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

OT : how cool

Launch and came back, nice programming

http://www.spacex.com/webcast
www.PLCCable.com PLC Communication Cables, PLC Trainers, Fluke Meters, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, Siemens, Allen Bradley and more... all your automation needs... ((NEW)) After Market 1784-U2DHP Allen Bradley USB to DH+ and Gateways
Old February 6th, 2018, 04:19 PM   #2
benaiahhenry
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Just watched it as well, pretty awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbSwFU6tY1c
Old February 6th, 2018, 04:26 PM   #3
Ken Roach
United States

Packed thirty of my colleagues into the conference room to cheer for it. We had a small role in design and tooling for the launch tower and parts of the payload fairing, so the boss didn't mind the productivity hit.

I also saw my first Model 3 on the highway today, and watched the fastest convertible in history leave the planet.
Old February 6th, 2018, 04:31 PM   #4
dmroeder
United States

We packed about a dozen people into one of our conference rooms and watched it too!
Old February 6th, 2018, 04:56 PM   #5
padees
United States

Really Cool!

The last launch I watched was the Challenger. It was a somber day at work after that. To the Heroes that forged the way!
Old February 6th, 2018, 06:19 PM   #6
Aabeck
United States

Not too off-topic.

I'm sure at least one PLC was used somewhere making parts, maybe fueling, moving, etc...
Old February 6th, 2018, 06:44 PM   #7
harryting
United States

Here you go, I'm not that motivated to travel anymore or I would've applied;

http://www.spacex.com/careers/position/213516
Old February 6th, 2018, 06:49 PM   #8
Doug-P
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aabeck View Post
Not too off-topic.

I'm sure at least one PLC was used somewhere making parts, maybe fueling, moving, etc...
IIRC, a PLC-3 ran the transporter which carried the shuttles, and others, from the hangar to the launch pad. Probably a CLX these days.

Let's eat, Grandma!

Words are very important, but punctuation saves lives...
Old February 6th, 2018, 09:32 PM   #9
Jeev
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug-P View Post
IIRC, a PLC-3 ran the transporter which carried the shuttles, and others, from the hangar to the launch pad. Probably a CLX these days.
Are you sure it wasn't an Arduino or R-Pi?
Old February 7th, 2018, 12:04 AM   #10
Doug-P
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeev View Post
Are you sure it wasn't an Arduino or R-Pi?
From the link: The two crawler-transporters were designed and built by Marion Power Shovel Company using components designed and built by Rockwell International. Soo, Arduino/Rpi? Doubtful.

For those who missed it - Falcon 9 Heavy Launch

Let's eat, Grandma!

Words are very important, but punctuation saves lives...
Old February 7th, 2018, 05:07 AM   #11
geniusintraining
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Roach View Post
We had a small role in design and tooling for the launch tower and parts of the payload fairing
Its very cool to know you had a part in anything like that, we help build the circuit boards on the Mars Rover and a lot of other space technology, they have to be able to handle high heats
www.PLCCable.com PLC Communication Cables, PLC Trainers, Fluke Meters, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, Siemens, Allen Bradley and more... all your automation needs... ((NEW)) After Market 1784-U2DHP Allen Bradley USB to DH+ and Gateways
Old February 7th, 2018, 07:28 AM   #12
John Morris
United States

Sometimes it very humbling hanging out here.

Thank you for the privilege.

"Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if it kept its mouth shut."
(I should probably look into this)
Old February 7th, 2018, 09:46 AM   #13
PLC Pie Guy
Canada

This is all really cool. Its an amazing milestone in the human moment and it would be awesome to have your name tied to something like this.

However...... Don't bash me to bad but.... Just imagine what this Musk fellow could do, had all of this energy, time, brilliant science and a following this massive be directed toward something that would benefit this Earth in its currently broken state. So many problems to solve, so many people in poverty, parts of our own continents suffering from severe draughts and wildfires. The constant need for affordable renewable energy, at a user level, which I'm sure these folks could likely solve. The fact that we don't even have a place to put or a method of disposing of the worlds recycled plastics. To simply ignore all of this and showboat a trip around Mars with the payload of a sports car! Kind of conceded!

Admire the technological accomplishments, of course I do! But it just seems such a waste of technology's abilities when something so much more important than having a car orbit our sun could have been done yesterday while the entire world watched.

Perhaps I'm narrow minded, I know I'm definitely ignorant to the missions objectives and goals but, REALLY???!!! As much as I enjoy watching shows about space exploration and such, I just wish the same amount of effort was being done to save / help our planet as there is being done to reach outer space simply to make it just another frontier for the worlds rich folks to explore, pollute and play in. All the while making one rich guy even more rich.

I also think it was a terrible idea to put 50 000 flame throwers on the streets! Its all fun and great till the wrong person gets their hands on one. That will be the next thing on CNN... "Flame Thrower Attack!"
But what do I know!

Just my opinion. I don't expect anybody to actually agree!
Old February 7th, 2018, 10:10 AM   #14
rupej
United States

I guess instead of solving the world's problems, maybe they just want to say "Screw it" and hope for a clean start on another planet.
Old February 7th, 2018, 11:17 AM   #15
DaveW
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLC Pie Guy View Post
This is all really cool. Its an amazing milestone in the human moment and it would be awesome to have your name tied to something like this.

However...... Don't bash me to bad but.... Just imagine what this Musk fellow could do, had all of this energy, time, brilliant science and a following this massive be directed toward something that would benefit this Earth in its currently broken state. So many problems to solve, so many people in poverty, parts of our own continents suffering from severe draughts and wildfires. The constant need for affordable renewable energy, at a user level, which I'm sure these folks could likely solve. The fact that we don't even have a place to put or a method of disposing of the worlds recycled plastics. To simply ignore all of this and showboat a trip around Mars with the payload of a sports car! Kind of conceded!

Admire the technological accomplishments, of course I do! But it just seems such a waste of technology's abilities when something so much more important than having a car orbit our sun could have been done yesterday while the entire world watched.

Perhaps I'm narrow minded, I know I'm definitely ignorant to the missions objectives and goals but, REALLY???!!! As much as I enjoy watching shows about space exploration and such, I just wish the same amount of effort was being done to save / help our planet as there is being done to reach outer space simply to make it just another frontier for the worlds rich folks to explore, pollute and play in. All the while making one rich guy even more rich.

I also think it was a terrible idea to put 50 000 flame throwers on the streets! Its all fun and great till the wrong person gets their hands on one. That will be the next thing on CNN... "Flame Thrower Attack!"
But what do I know!

Just my opinion. I don't expect anybody to actually agree!
I don't understand why he's making all them electric cars either. We need our gas guzzling cars and our hazy grey skies to make the earth nice and warm and we to help our OPEC friends.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum