You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old February 6th, 2018, 11:13 PM   #1
Lord Farquaad
South Africa

Your experience with switches on Profinet?

I have a project that will have S7-400 PLC as the main PLCs, but also quite a few S7-300 PLCs from various vendors. MCCs will be on Profinet, but not sure if it will be Simocodes or ABB UMCs. The UMCs seem to be the cheaper option by quite a bit. Should be about 450 motors in total. Field IO will be AS-i from IFM, 17 dual masters.

As price is king on this job, I need to save money wherever I can. My first choice would be Scalance switches all over, in the main fibre rings and the MCC device rings. Apart from Scalance, I am also considering solutions from Hirschmann, Westermo and Moxa. Obviously they have to be Profinet certified.

I have worked extensively with Hirschmann switches on a Rockwell pant, and Moxa on Ethernet. Would you guys mind sharing your experience with these brands on Profinet, or maybe even other brands I never considered.

Price is the main criteria, but coupled to that, is service and support. This is where Siemens fall off the bus. Once the purchase have been made, you are on your own lately.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum