You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old February 22nd, 2018, 09:47 AM   #1
cornbread
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

RTD signal over power cable

A bit off topic, but I have an old heat trace controller where they used the power cable to get the rtd reading. They have lil pc board at the rtd the converts the signal so it can be carried on the 120vac ckt back to the panel. Naturally they are no longer in business and we are looking at replacing the panel. I hate to run new RTD wires for a standard control. Does any know if some one make a converter to impose a rtd reading over the 120 vac ckt? Guess I could wireless, but I hate to go down that path if not needed.
Old February 22nd, 2018, 10:43 AM   #2
cardosocea
United Kingdom

Bartec maybe?
Wouldn't a power line communication device do? You'd still have to get the RTD into an Ethernet packet, but those are fairly standard still.
Old February 22nd, 2018, 11:49 AM   #3
jraef
United States

I used to use these guys a lot years ago, partly because when I had my integration business, they had chosen the same name and had to come to me with an acceptable alteration of it. But their LCM (Line Carrier Modem) products worked great, I used them at Boeing for communications on overhead crane power rails even though they went through brushes.
http://data-linc.com/a-quick-look-at...carrier-modem/
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum