You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.
Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back - Interactive Q & A > - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old February 22nd, 2018, 10:37 AM   #1

Kinetix6500 at Torque Limit?

I have a application where I accelerate/deccelerate tires mounted at a spindle. That tires can be different sizes with different inertia. For that application I use a JOG command (MAJ)

Right now I tuned my system (Speed, ACC, DCC for the MAJ command) that it works good for the biggest tire with the hightest inertia without getting any position or speed error.

Now there is the request that every size of tire should be accelerated/deccelerated "as fast as possible".
Is there a way to let the drive run at the "torque limit"?
Or are there any other suggestions to do that?

Thanks a lot!
Old February 22nd, 2018, 11:05 AM   #2
United States

I'm assuming that the machine doesn't know what size tire is loaded? Otherwise, you could have different accel, decel etc for different tires.

You might try opening up (increasing) your PositionErrorTolerance and your VelocityErrorTolerance to avoid the position and velocity error faults.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum