You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old March 7th, 2018, 11:45 AM   #1
phuz
United States

AB Servos with Yaskawa motors

I'm stepping outside my wheelhouse a bit. Can AB Kinetix servos be used with other servo motors (in this case, Yaskawa). I'm looking at a controls upgrade and we want to rip out the old Yaskawa servos and replace them with Kinetix. Ideally we would replace the motors, but cost may become a factor in swapping all of them.
Old March 7th, 2018, 08:49 PM   #2
Highland Controls
United States

No, that is not possible. Yaskawa uses proprietary encoders, so in general, the motors only work with Yaskawa drives. I would stay with Yaskawa. Once you start replacing motors, the project usually becomes much bigger. Often leads to new mounts, couplers, gearheads, etc. Depending on the motor, you could replace the old drives with new Sigma Logic drives. They use add on instructions to make it easy to use with Logix 5000.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum