You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old December 30th, 2004, 04:24 PM   #1
GregPLC
United States

ABB VFD Drawings

Hey everyone, hope you're all having a good holiday season. I'm looking for CAD drawings for ABB ACS500-01 VFD's. I've looked on the www.abb-drives.com, thomasregister.com, and google.com. I did find one site that had an external drawing, but I'm really looking for schematic and vfd terminal drawings. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. I have a call into my ABB rep., he may be able to get something to me by next week. If all else fails, I can download the instruction manual and cut/paste them into CAD. Just thought there might be some made already somewhere.

TIA,

Greg

Last edited by GregPLC; December 30th, 2004 at 04:27 PM.
Old December 30th, 2004, 08:15 PM   #2
DickDV
United States

Greg, as an ABB rep, I have an extensive archive of drive Instruction Manuals in my computer. Most are PDF files. If I can help you, I will.

Your post mentions ACS500 which is an old drive going out of production around 1995. Is this the one you mean or are you referring to the recently released ACS550 series?

You man email me direct if you wish. rbdv@sbcglobal.net
Old January 1st, 2005, 04:27 PM   #3
GregPLC
United States

Hi Dick! Yes, that was a typo in my previous post. It is a ACS-550 drive. We've talked in the past.....I'm over in Milwaukee, if I remember correctly you're in MI? At any rate I've been using exclusively the ACS-550 line and ACS-800 line of drive for the past year and a half now. Love them. Did you make it over here to the low voltage trade show that ABB had in Milwaukee last month? I went, it was descent. Anyway, my email is gregplc@hotmail.com, drop me a note. If you have drawings in PDF format for the 550 and 800 drives, that would be wonderful.

TIA,

Greg
Old January 2nd, 2005, 10:33 AM   #4
rsdoran
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

The manuals have dimension drawings like this that you should be able to incorporate into CAD. This is from the ACS550 manual.

This is from the ACS800.
http://www.abbdrives.com/StdDrives/R...800-01hw-B.pdf

Last edited by rsdoran; January 2nd, 2005 at 10:36 AM.
Old January 2nd, 2005, 01:29 PM   #5
elevmike
United States

What are you looking for? An electrical drawing, or something for a panel construction layout?
Old January 2nd, 2005, 08:02 PM   #6
GregPLC
United States

Mike, both would be nice.....I have some basic ones I drew up myself, just would be nice to have some better looking ones. I figured if they are already made, I wouldn't have to spend the time myself.

Greg
Old July 8th, 2008, 09:33 PM   #7
jreeves2222
United States

Dick,

Any chance you still have docs on the ACS 500? I picked up on on eBay...plan to run a 7.5hp motor with it.

TIA

Jim
Old July 9th, 2008, 06:06 AM   #8
DickDV
United States

I've got the Programming Manual but no Hardware Manual in PDF format.
Old July 9th, 2008, 08:32 AM   #9
jreeves2222
United States

Thanks.. that would be a good starting point.
Any chance you can email it to jim at dellama.com

-JIm
Old July 9th, 2008, 08:36 AM   #10
cjd1965
United Kingdom

I usually show a drive in a schematic as a simple 'box' with the appropriate terminals and the make/model/kw information.

I agree that detailed pictures look nice but they usually increase the AutoCad file size by a sizeable overhead.

Cheers
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum