omron plc serial to ethernet conversion, using serial to RJ45 converter

karthiknd7

Is it possible converting Omron and Keyence plc's serial communication into Ethernet using serial to RJ45 converter?

I need to connect these plcs with MOXA 5600 terminal service for communicating it to the Server.

Thanks in Advance....!

kk.PNG

Is it possible converting Omron and Keyence plc's serial communication into Ethernet using serial to RJ45 converter?

I need to connect these plcs with MOXA 5600 terminal service for communicating it to the Server.

No, you will need to know the pin out of the serial port on the PLC and you will need to match that to your MOXA, a standard adapter (odds are) will not work

Serial and Ethernet are two very different communication mediums and can't be connected by way of changing the pinout of a connector. On top of the communication layer is the protocol which is the language that devices speak and that also needs to be either bridged or converted (bridging is easier). You need something designed specifically to bridge the specific serial communications protocol for each device (assuming they are different protocols) to the appropriate Ethernet protocol.

The MOXA 5600 series is a protocol converter (RS232/422/485 to Ethernet)

All they need is the pinout