Simple Allen Bradley Micro 810 question ?

Zimmer

Lifetime Supporting Member
Found a couple of old unused Micro 810s with lcd displays in the miscellaneous section. Don't ever use ccw or indeed any Allen Bradley, but decided to have a play.
I downloaded latest software and updated controller firmware. Decided to pick a "lcd read" instruction, put a digital input to it and a digital output and expected to see my output "ON" when I pressed the "Up" key, but nothing happens at all.
I have added the lcd screen in the ccw options and I have checked on the controller itself, that "p button" is enabled.
As I said, I don't use ccw, so probably doing something stupid.

capture1.png Capture2.PNG

Is the bit going true when you press the key? I've never worked with CCW and a Micro, so I'm not familiar with how the tags are set up. Do you have the key(s) mapped to the tags?

No bit not going true. Nothing tagged, seemed so simple to me.
I added a digital input to enable the " Key read" instruction block and as per screenshot, that is working fine and enabled on the monitor. I added a digital output which I thought should become enabled, when the "up key" is pressed, but the "up key bit" is not getting enabled and neither are any of the keys when I physically press them, yet the keypad/lcd works fine scrolling through menus etc. using the same physical keys.
Is there another key, that needs to be pressed on the kepad first or something silly that i'm missing.

Try this.

Thanks, but I don't think I can, yours is a different block, mine doesn't have "EN", "ENO"
I did change the enable input to a "TRUE" variable, but makes no difference. The lcd instruction block doesn't show any change of state when I press or hold any key on the lcd.

I think so. :D

I don't have a LCD in front of me, one of our traveling guys snagged it. But if I remember correct you have to toggle through to and change from run to remote. Then transfer memory from the plc to the LCD. Then toggle back to run. All of this being done from the LCD.

I don't have a LCD in front of me, one of our traveling guys snagged it. But if I remember correct you have to toggle through to and change from run to remote. Then transfer memory from the plc to the LCD. Then toggle back to run. All of this being done from the LCD.

Thanks again m8, I had actually tried something like that earlier, I think it's transfer from plc to Memory module, which it said it completed successfully, but didn't make any difference.

I then assumed maybe it's a hardware issue so I downloaded the exact same code to another Micro 810 and another Lcd, and still no go.

I find it really weird, that a plc program with one input, one output and one instruction block won't work. This would have taken 10 seconds to do with a comparable Siemens Logo or Schneider Zelio unit.

There must be some obvious explanation, probably me. :sick: