Teamviewer Alternative?

janner_10

Lifetime Supporting Member
I see there are a few out there - anyone found a suitable (less costly) alternative.

An annual commercial subscription and 1 extra seat is now getting in excess of £1300 per year.

AnyDesk works quite well and is way cheaper. I've made use of it with good results so far, whenever the corporate license channels are all in use and I can't be arsed to just sit and wait it out.

An annual commercial subscription and 1 extra seat is now getting in excess of £1300 per year.
That doesnt sound right.
1300 GBP would be the annual subscription for the "corporate" license. That covers up to 200 seats, unlimited hosts, and 3 concurrent connections at a time.

For half that, you can get the "premium", same as above except max 50 seats and only 1 active connection at a time.

If your need is precisely 2 seats that both have to be able to be connected at any time, then 2 single licenses could be your solution. That would also cost you about half of a corporate license.

I use RealVNC. Good security and will connect directly when on the same network, which is great so I can use my cell phone to connect to my laptop when both are going thru my hot spot. File transfer is clunky but works. Way cheaper then Team Viewer.

The nice thing about Splashtop and LogMeIn.
File transfer is drag and drop or you can use "File Transfer". "File transfer" is a little faster than drag and drop.
They keep a record of how long you were online and on what dates. Nice for billing/dispute purposes...

Cheat sheet for teamviewer:
F9aMU8A.jpg

or use windows 10 quick assist

Last edited: