"Alstom" Alspa C80-35 PLC

The "Alsthom" PLC is identical to GE-Fanuc series 90-30. See GE's pages and you will find much more information.
Too program them, you needed a DOS software named LM (logicMaster?) 90. You could do only ladder. There may be a more "modern" Windows tool now.

Yes it is the GE 90-30...

Hi,

The Alstom 80-35 is indeed the same as the GE 90-30's. I have used the new GE Cimplicity Machine Edition to program them, but it doesn't support the protocols used by Alstom, such as the configuration and setup of the FIP modules. Alstom does have software for it as well called P80-Workbench which we use as well. I believe it is a copy of GE Cimplicity Control???? Hope this helps.

Andrew Evenson

Hi Andrew Evenson,
I am natarajan.i working as plc based panel designer & programmer.Now i am in the position to expand the i/o's of existing Alatom PLC using GE Fanuc Versamax I/O modules. The existing logic is programmed in Alsfa P80 software. I am familiar in GE Fanuc versapro and logic developer programming. can you give solution for my requirement.

Thanks in Advance
Natarajan

Natarajan,

I don't know if the P80 Workbench software supports the VersaMax I/O. If I were you I would try and setup a test PLC to experiment with. I also don't know if VersaPro supports the communication modules or fieldbuses that Alstom uses (e.g WorldFip,N80 bus). If you end up using VersaPro, you might have to configure some of the modules with the handheld programmer. If all else fails, you could contact Converteam(formally Alstom Power Conversion)

Hope this helps,

Andrew