You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old August 11th, 2005, 12:04 PM   #1
Pandiani
Bosnia

WinCC project reading STEP 7 project symbol table

Hello,
I'm afraid I need your help again. I have STEP 7 project and installed WinCC 6.0 demo. I manage to make a simple visualisation system. I have added new communication driver (S7 protocol suite) and took all steps from manual WinCC Getting Started. I created process tags and WinCC project and STEP7 PLCSIM can communicte and binary values from STEP 7 program is displayed in WinCC project. However I've read somewhere that there is no need to create external tags to take values from process, but rather to allow WinCC project access Symbol table in STEP 7 project.
I'm trying to do so. In graphics designer I've chosen View->Toolbars, checked tags and all that but STEP7 Symbol server is empty. I'm trying to create process tags automatically i.e. to make my WinCC project read STEP 7 project and simply take inputs and outputs directly from STEP 7 symbol table. Problem is that WinCC cannot find any STEP 7 project. How to integrate WINCC and STEP 7. They can communicate witouth any problems through MPI add2 (PLCSIM) but I needed manually to create external tags and to associate them with STEP 7 project inputs and outputs. Maybe I need to perform some settings in my STEP 7 project but don't know...
I'm not sure if I explaind what I want but in short:
How can my WinCC project read inputs and outputs from my STEP 7 project and use them like tags without need to manually create process tags?

Does anyone can help me?

Thank you very much for your effort
Old August 11th, 2005, 03:20 PM   #2
flukie
Belgium

It's possible but not recommed. Use PCS7 if you need integrated controls & visualisation.

When installing WincC you must check some options on. I don't have the installation CD's at the moment but you should be able to figure out when looking. Also better read IntegrationS7.pdf which is included in the documentation;

HTH

West Vloamse complimenten
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum