You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old November 15th, 2005, 03:18 AM   #1
Litto43
Philippines

Build your own PLC trainer

M8,

I'm planning to build my personal PLC trainer. I would appreciate if you can provide me schematic diagram and set-up. I will be using Siemens S7-3oo hardwares.
Thanks,
Litto
Old November 15th, 2005, 07:27 AM   #2
rsdoran
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

I dont understand

I have a tendency to sound harsh or rude but it is not my intention so please bear with me.

If you are building a plc trainer then arent you attempting to learn how they are used?

What would be point of building a trainer if someone provides the detailed information to build it? You will have learned nothing!

After building it, would you then ask for programs?

Technically all that information is in the manuals. If your sincere in learning plcs and building the trainer then look at the manuals first and ask a question when you have a "specific" problem.
Old November 15th, 2005, 11:09 AM   #3
Ron Beaufort
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

what do you mean by "trainer" ? ... if you're just looking for something to control, then the idea in this post might be interesting ...

2-B ?
Best regards, ----+----] [----+------------( )----
Ron | |
PLC Training Boot Camp | 2-B |
+----]/[----+

I once was lost, but now am found, was blind, but now I see.

Old November 15th, 2005, 12:50 PM   #4
TimothyMoulder
United States

I can't speak to the S7 series, but I myself do better learning from an example. I first learned to build boxes and draw schematics by looking at alot of them. So our guest is asking for some examples of a PLC trainer, what's the issue?

Anyhow, save yourself alot of time and money - learn to program here, using Phil's simulator!

TM

My LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view...15&trk=tab_pro

My Unitronics Blog: http://forum.unitronics.com/index.ph...blog&blogid=16
Old November 15th, 2005, 02:51 PM   #5
panic mode
Canada

by trainer you mean box with bunch of buttons and lights and with PLC and 24VDC PSU inside? or maybe someting more complex (analog included, maybe servo axis too...)? maybe with E-Stop cicuit too?
i would do what Ron suggested and simply try to it on your own but if you need help just let us know what do you expect...

Last edited by panic mode; November 15th, 2005 at 02:53 PM.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum