You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old April 20th, 2006, 10:05 AM   #1
okeeffef
Ireland

Structured Text for RSLOGIX 5000

Hi,
I Am trying to modify a Vendors program here on site and have just purchased Rockwells SFC Editor licence to add to my RSLOGIX 5000 ver13.02.
I need the SFC Editor to view and edit the SFC's.
It has taken over 3 weeks to order and recieve this additional licence.
When I open the SFC's I find that it says "ST Language not Installed" in the step actions!
Does this mean I have to order some additional software to enable the SFC functioallity.
I cant get hold of our Rockwell rep. Please dont tell me I agoing to be delayed by another 3 weeks ordering additional software.

regards
okeeffef
Old April 20th, 2006, 11:31 AM   #2
Ken Roach
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Here's the scoop; the step actions in a Sequential Function Chart (SFC) program are coded in Structure Text (ST). Therefore to use the SFC editor effectively, you must also have the ST editor.

Generally all the RSLogix 5000 editor languages are sold together as a bundle; The only users I know who have bought a-la-carte are purchased just RLL and FB languages.

In the USA getting an RSI license usually takes three days, maximum. I'm sure that experiences vary.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum