Mixed inputs on 1756-IF16?

markhommer

I am using a 1756-IF16 Analog Input card with single-ended wiring and we require some of our inputs to be 4-20ma and some will be 0-10vdc on the same card. My question is, can we wire this mix of analog inputs on the same 1756-IF16 card? The wiring examples that I have found are for either current or voltage and a mix of both of these are not shown. I know that for current inputs, the iRTN terminals are tied to the RTN and for voltage inputs, the iRTN's are not used, only the RTN terminals.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark.

Yes, you can. That works fine.
Only thing you can't do, is have some inputs differential, and others single ended.

So all your 4-20mA signals need to be referenced to the common analog signal ground.

rdrast, thanks for the quick reply.
You are correct. I just simulated the mixed signals on our in-house 1756-IF16 card and it does work.

Thanks,

Mark.