You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old August 1st, 2006, 02:21 PM   #1
Homam Al-Othman
Jordan

Festo PLC Programming

Hello everybody,

as a new member,I'd like to greet you all,and I hope to be a member in this coorporative forum where i can find satisfactory answers to my questions.

I work in Automation department in a company as an Automation engineer,actually I'm fresh-graduated from college and I'm not a good user of PLC Programming software up to now.

In our projects we use electro-pneumatic systems which have Festo hardwares and PLC's [ Festo PLC software ( FST 4.10 )]

so, I'd like to know if there is anyone who has an experience in Festo PLC programming...because I have some questions regarding this topic.

Thank you all...

Homam,
Old August 2nd, 2006, 03:04 AM   #2
Gambrinus
Latvia

I haven't a good experience in Festo but something present. I used FEC Standard. Programming of Festo FST PLCs differs from others like S7-200. It have some "underwater stones". You can ask me - maybe I know answer.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 09:18 AM   #3
Homam Al-Othman
Jordan

thank you Gambrinus for ur help....

actually i wanted to add station to main program..so i made my new station as a CMP but that caused many other stations to be idle... i mean it affected on the main program..so i re typed my new station as a program ( P5 ) then it ran correctely

do you have any explanation for that?

note: i have 5 programs and 15 CMP in this project ( using ..FST 4.10 )

Homam,
Old August 3rd, 2006, 09:33 AM   #4
Gambrinus
Latvia

When you call CMP task switching take place. If you call it from P0 execution jumps to another P. If you call another stations from P0 after this, your situation can take place, IMHO.
How do you start programs? By setting Px or by F4 call? Is your program linear or it uses steps?
Tip: if you don't want to allow task switching when subroutine is called, use CFM instead of CMP.
Old August 5th, 2006, 01:41 PM   #5
Homam Al-Othman
Jordan

actually, the program has linear stations and steps stations ...and it is not done fully by me..i'm just adding some stations to it..anyway the problem has been solved...and i'm waiting for the next problem to show up lol ....thanks my friend for ur help

Homam,
Old April 10th, 2014, 03:49 AM   #6
meric
Tanzania

hello,
if i may i would like to ask a question pliz.Ive been using siemens but now i have festo plc.ive got fst 4.21 software and was wondering if it has a simulation software to simulate fc34 plc.
thanks in advance

Last edited by meric; April 10th, 2014 at 03:53 AM.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum