RSView32 Server/Client Problems

juancrangel

That such a dear friends.

I have the following problem in the configuration of a computer server and a computer client or work station. The server this connected one to the process net through the KepserverEX registered v.4.170.328. And the connection with the station of work client is ethernet TCP/IP. I have communication problems between them and the configuration of the Server it is the following one to the similar of the Client like one observes in the images. I also place the configuration of the kepserver.

As you he can observe in the image rsv32_11 this the configuration of the kepserver in the server and just as you leave it works correctly and he doesn't have communication problems.

In the image rsv32_22 he meets the configuration of the servidor with the RSView32 Works, the configuration is observed of the one: "Channel", of the "Node", the one links of the server with the kepserver in local way, the one links of the tags with the kepserver opc, in the "Macro Starup" it places the command "RTDataServerOn/NETDDE" that not you if it would apply in my case but in the manual he said something of this. In the "Starup" it is paymasters the options in the image, and for I finish the "Project Path" this addressed in the own computer server.

In the image rsv32_33 it places some tags of the system like one observes and for the status it doesn't present communication problems, and one can observe that all the fields have activity, this in way run.

OK in the configuration of the computer client, copy the application of the server and the application of the kepserver exactly, in the configuration of the kepserver one doesn't eat to make so that far he sees the information of the server, however he leaves it the same as that of the server.

In the figure rsv32_44 this the configuration of the computer client in the RSView32 Works, with the difference is that the "Project Patch" I have it associated to the computer servant that he calls himself "JKXP3." The node also places it as type "remote" and the name of the computer server is the "\ \ Jkxp3."

In the figure rsv32_55 one can he observes that there is a communication problem with the server, the codes of errors don't get them and the error message believes that he refers to the address with the server the message it is: "Client: Could not connect to the opc server" and the one numbers of error it is the "4."

I wait to have explained to myself very since it is a little complicated for that reason it uses images.

Thank you friends for everything.

Que tal estimados amigos.

Tengo el siguiente problema en la configuracion de un computador servidor y un computador cliente o estacion de trabajo. El servidor esta conectado a la red de proceso a traves del KepserverEX v.4.170.328 registrado. Y la conexion con la estacion de trabajo cliente es ethernet TCP/IP. Tengo problemas de comunicacion entre ellos y la configuracion del servidor es la siguiente al igual del Cliente como se observa en las imagenes. T****** coloco la configuracion del kepserver.

Como se puede observar en la imagen rsv32_11 esta la configuracion del kepserver en el servidor y tal como se ve funciona correctamente y no tiene problemas de comunicacion.
En la imagen rsv32_22 se encuentra la configuracion del servidor con el RSView32 Works, se observa la configuracion del: "Canal", del "Nodo", el vinculo del servidor con el kepserver en modo local, el vinculo de los tags con el kepserver opc, en el "Macro Starup" coloque el comando "RTDataServerOn/NETDDE" que no se si aplicaria en mi caso pero en el manual decia algo de esto. En el "Starup" se encuentra habilitados las opciones en la imagen, y por ultimo el "Project Path" esta direccionado en la propia computadora servidor.

En la imagen rsv32_33 coloque unas tags del sistema como se observa y por el estatus no presenta problemas de comunicacion, y se puede observar que todos los campos tienen actividad, esto en modo run.

OK en la configuracion del computador cliente, copie exactamente la aplicacion del servidor y la aplicacion del kepserver, en la configuracion del kepserver no se como hacer para que remotamente vea la informacion del servidor, sin embargo lo deje igual que el del servidor.

En la figura rsv32_44 esta la configuracion del computador cliente en el RSView32 Works, con la diferencia es que el "Project Patch" lo tengo asociado al computador servidor que se llama "JKXP3". El nodo t****** lo coloque como tipo "remoto" y el nombre del computador servidor es el "\\Jkxp3".

En la figura rsv32_55 se puede observa que hay un problema de comunicacion con el servidor, los codigos de errores no los consigo y el mensaje de error creo que se refiere a la direccion con el servidor el mensaje es: "Client: Could not connect to the opc server" y el numero de error es el "4".

Espero haberme explicado bien ya que es un poco complicado por eso use imagenes.

Gracias amigos por todo.

Lancie THIS thread might contain the images in question.

Everyone notice I said MIGHT. I have no way of knowing for sure that these two threads are the same. This is an ASSUMption off of the fact that both threads are a similar question, are by the same user, and the images in the other thread seem relevant to the questions of this thread in my opinion. Again this is only my opinion. Use extreme discretion when reading the other thread as it may have absolutely nothing to do with this thread. Again one last time, WARNING, this is only an opinion in an effort to help this user out. If it was know factual information it would be posted by the originator of this thread

Juan,

In your Images2.zip, rsv32_44.jpg, the RSView32 "Channel" is not configured correctly. The Channel screen must show the Network Type (it should be "TCP/IP" in your case, I think) and the Primary Communications Driver. Unless these items are listed and filled in, then RSView32 cannot communicate with the PLC.

Before you can select the Primary Communications Driver from the pull-down list, the RSLinx program must be connected to the communications method (driver) that you are going to use.

Error 94

Dear friends where I get the meaning of the errors of communication of the RSView32 in the part of servants and clients, annex the image of the error.

"Client: Failed to do AsyncRead."
Error 94

Thank you.

RSView32

That such friends.

In the following configuration of the communication architecture it is in the image rsview32_01. As you he can observe the computer versaview that this connected one works with the server with the computers clients in a net ethernet TCP/IP. The current operation is that the versaview this working perfect with the process net. Now the procedure that I made was the following one:

1. - as the application in the Versaview this working correctly copies the application in the 2 work stations or clients.
2. - in the server one has installed the keserver and the application in the RSView32 working correctly.
3. - then in the work station 2 that he/she is client (laptop) it configures only the node like "OPC Server", the name like "KEPware", the name of the server "KEPware.KEPServerEx.V4", type "Remote", and the address of the server "\ \ pcl001." In the laptop I have installed the kepserver and the rslinx (rsview32_02).
4. - when I place in runtime the application, the application works correctly that is to say it is connected in the server and all the values are come from the server. Separated to prove the communication of the same one it disables the kepserver in the workstation 2 and the same one I work without problems, and then disable the rslinx and I work correctly that is to say that the application of the workstation not of it lolls of the kepserver and the rslinx installed in the computer client. Then I closed the application of the server but not the kepserver and the application in the laptop client work correctly, that is to say that the application client only depends on the kepserver.
5. - then I made the same procedure in the workstation 1 but I am not able to communicate, it leaves me an error type "client: failed to add to group to the server" and the one numbers of the error it is the 19 (rsview32_03).

Another thing that I made in the whole computers of the net it is that it places them in a gropo of common work.

I would like to share this experience with you thank you for their attention.

Que tal amigos.

En la siguiente configuracion de la arquitectura de comunicacion se encuentra en la imagen rsview32_01. Como se puede observar el computador versaview que funciona con el servidor esta conectado con los computadores clientes en una red ethernet TCP/IP. El funcionamiento actual es que el versaview esta funcionando perfecto con la red de proceso. Ahora el procedimiento que hice fue el siguiente:

1.- Como la aplicacion en el Versaview esta funcionando correctamente copie la aplicacion en las 2 estaciones de trabajo o clientes.
2.- En el servidor se tiene instalado el keserver y la aplicacion en el RSView32 funcionando correctamente.
3.- Luego en la estacion de trabajo 2 que es cliente (laptop) configure solamente el nodo como "OPC Server", el nombre como "KEPware", el nombre del servidor "KEPware.KEPServerEx.V4", tipo "Remote", y la direccion del servidor "\\pcl001". En la laptop tengo instalado el kepserver y el rslinx (rsview32_02).
4.- Cuando coloco en runtime la aplicacion, la aplicacion funciona correctamente es decir se conecta en el servidor y se ven todos los valores desde el servidor. Aparte para probar la comunicacion del mismo desactive el kepserver en el workstation 2 y el mismo funciono sin problemas, y luego desactive el rslinx y funciono correctamente es decir que la aplicacion del workstation no de pende del kepserver y el rslinx instalado en el computador cliente. Luego cerre la aplicacion del servidor pero no el kepserver y la aplicacion en la laptop cliente funciono correctamente, es decir que la aplicacion cliente depende unicamente del kepserver.
5.- Luego hice el mismo procedimiento en el workstation 1 pero no logro comunicarme, me sale un error tipo "client: failed to add a group to the server" y el numero del error es el 19 (rsview32_03).

Otra cosa que hice en toda las computadoras de la red es que las coloque en un gropo de trabajo comun.

Me gustaria compartir esta experiencia con ustedes gracias por su atencion.

Lancie1 said:
Juan,

In your Images2.zip, rsv32_44.jpg, the RSView32 "Channel" is not configured correctly. The Channel screen must show the Network Type (it should be "TCP/IP" in your case, I think) and the Primary Communications Driver. Unless these items are listed and filled in, then RSView32 cannot communicate with the PLC.

Before you can select the Primary Communications Driver from the pull-down list, the RSLinx program must be connected to the communications method (driver) that you are going to use.