You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old February 25th, 2003, 06:04 PM   #1
Stantheman
United Kingdom

Angry EDDI Error Diagnostics Dynamically Indicated.

Further to my request for some help on the explanation of EDDI and its concept. I have found out that this was possibly first implemented by ford motor company on their production lines. I am still unable to find any real relevant info on the above. Please can anybody help?
Old February 26th, 2003, 07:25 AM   #2
RGB
Canada

EDDI is a sequencer based programming structure that uses sets of ladder logic rungs, called cells, for every action required in the program. For example, there is a set of about 12 rungs to control a motor. This is due to the way the PLC program interacts with the HMI (the dynamically indicated part). Not only do you get alarm messages, but dynamically updated information as to what the machine is doing next. I've only seen it at one plant, and it has been customized to meet their requirements. If it's implemented properly, it makes running and troubleshooting the machine a breeze. Unfortunately, many OEMs skip some of the initial program design steps causing headaches down the road.

If you have any specific questions, I can try to answer them for you.

Rob
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum