You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old September 29th, 2006, 05:20 AM   #1
Steve Kemp
Wales

Parallel loading Omron CJ1 shift register

Hi all. Say I'm using address W1 as my starting (and end) words in the SFT(010) instruction; does anyone know whether it's ok to "parallel load" W1 from other sources in the program (set a bit or bits, for example)? I need to look at various stages in a linear array of processes, any of which could generate an output bit, and then track all instances to the last bit in W1 for pass/reject action. Thanks, Steve.

Edit: Hmm, I can see this getting complicated, as I'd have to reset the "set" bits when the next shift occurs and that would interfere with the "next" bit in the register. So... how about a one-shot masked move with the mask arranged to match the station number so only the appropriate bit is loaded?

Last edited by Steve Kemp; September 29th, 2006 at 05:28 AM.
Old September 29th, 2006, 07:00 AM   #2
gtsuport
United States

Just a thought, you could DIFU the W1.xx bit with the "shift" bit. You would need the DIFU instruction before the SFT instruction.

Hope this will help.
Old September 29th, 2006, 07:07 AM   #3
Steve Kemp
Wales

Sounds right to me. If I follow you, I'd need to latch the "on" state for the process stage in question and then gate that state via a difu (when the shift operation is required) into the appropriate W1 bit (as a coil instruction).Thanks. Steve.
Old September 29th, 2006, 08:12 AM   #4
chavak
Malaysia

Steve,

If I get you right, you have different processes to be accomplished to determine the end result at the end of its index.

I would rather use Word Shift for this application. It hold all the actual state of the individual results till the process end.(Easier for tracking/trouble shoot).

A 'W' word can hold up to 16 results, say for example you have 10 indexes before the process complete I may use a block of W words start from say W0 ~ W9.

Regards
_______
Old September 29th, 2006, 12:12 PM   #5
gtsuport
United States

Steve,

Yes, you understand what I was suggesting.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum