You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old October 10th, 2006, 08:21 PM   #1
TJS
United States

AB Logix IO module errors; end cap missing?

Can a lack of a right hand end cap in a Compact Logix plc rack cause all the modules to be faulted? I have not been able to get any of my IO cards to show up good, they are always faulted (3 IF8's, 1 OF4CI, PA7 in middle, 5 IA16's, 2 OW8I's).

I uprated the firmware to 15.34 and RSLgx15.02 from 13.03 figuring the EDS files or something was the problem. I guess I was wrong. Tech support also told me this would solve it. I noticed late today the right end cap is missing. How about left CPU cap, dont see any electrical contacts there?

Thanks

Last edited by TJS; October 10th, 2006 at 08:23 PM.
Old October 10th, 2006, 08:38 PM   #2
widelto
Colombia

Left termination do nothing, itīs just a cover, but you need right termination. Otherwise you will be receiving error and nothing works.

william
Old October 10th, 2006, 08:43 PM   #3
TJS
United States

Thanks for the positive response. The image of the missing end cap just popped back into my memory from all of todays problems and I hope thats all thats keeping causing them.
Old October 10th, 2006, 11:10 PM   #4
Ken Roach
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Exactly. Right-side end caps for the Compact I/O bus has a termination network of resistors that allows the bus to work. It does not ever work without an terminating cap.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum