You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old January 9th, 2007, 01:57 PM   #1
dalem
United States

Go online but not change program? (PLC5)

I have been instructed to teach one of my maintenance guys on each shift to hook up a laptop to a couple PLC5s, so that they can trouble shoot problems like I do, so that they don't have to call me at 3:00am. (We have some SLCs also, so I may need to do them too.)

I will also need to teach them how to read through the logic to find a problem if needed, but what scares me most is that one could mess up the program unintentially or modify it intentially.

Are there any programs which just allows one to go online and watch all that's happening or would it be best to just use my RSLogix5 and do something with the password features? I have not read much on using the password features in RSLogix, so I'm just looking for suggestions at this point.

Thanks in advance,
Dale
Old January 9th, 2007, 02:01 PM   #2
doug2
United States

turn the key to "Run" and take the key home.
Old January 9th, 2007, 02:15 PM   #3
LJBMatt
United States

RSLadder 5 and RSLadder 500 may be a good choice. These sometimes are shipped on RSLinx Classic. Check your RSLinx CD to see if you can find it there. It's an online/offline viewer only. I don't remember if data tables can be changed.

Go Dayton Flyers!

Last edited by LJBMatt; January 9th, 2007 at 02:18 PM.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum