You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old March 23rd, 2003, 10:08 AM   #1
g_simons

Profibus and drives

Hi Guys !

Can anybody help me to a link to understand more about manipulation of SIEMENS AC or DC drives on the PROFIBUS I mean the commands and S7 tips ...
Further more one of our consultants are using ANSALDO drives on Profibus Does any body have the same experiecnce do you think it might be a headache ...?
Old March 23rd, 2003, 10:31 AM   #2
JRW
United States

Are you using a Siemens S7 PLC?
Old March 23rd, 2003, 01:32 PM   #3
seppoalanen
Finland

Talking

I have heard that SimoDrive is not 'Profibus Compatible', some other things in the bus could unfunctioning with Siemens Drives ?
I don't have experiens with Siemens Drives in Profibus.
I have used ABB ACS-Drives with profibus and it is hard task for programming versus DeviceNet/A-B/A-B-Drives.
Defaultly there are 2 16-bit words for Control and 2 words for status in PLC program, but it debends what GSD-file is used (GSD is equal that EDS-file Electronic Data Sheet).
Old March 23rd, 2003, 10:01 PM   #4
The Dark Knight
United States

Which drives are you referring to? I have commissioned SIMOVERTs that use Profibus DP
Old March 28th, 2003, 10:07 AM   #5
g_simons

Thnx for the help

I am to explain the story in more detail .

1 . I am not very much experienced in controling AC or DC drives by PROFIBUS but as far as I am concerned I am realy interested to get close to information regarding AC Simovert VC and DC SIMOREG drives with S7 PLC and Profibus ( I am in need of a complete guide for device identification and programming specially in the speed refference field )

2. One of our automation consultants of course much more experienced than me have used the same system I mean the S7 and Profibus with ANSALDO (ASI robicon) AC SVTS and SILCOPAC D drives Reading the written programm i am seeing that they are encountering problems regarding the matter I got interested to know more about this selection so I asked if anybody have the same experience and can help me

Thnx for your attention and regards
Old March 28th, 2003, 10:21 PM   #6
JRW
United States

g_simmons,

The gsd files for all standard products are included with Step7.
Use the CBP2 (under Simovert- in hardware config.) for the 6Se70 and 6RA70 Siemens drives.

The Simodrives (611 and POSMO) both communicate with profibus.

Here is a sample file using PPO type 4. I hope it helps you- I tried to put a lot of documentation in it.
Just retrieve it into Step 7
Attached Files
File Type: zip ppo_4_bl.zip (97.3 KB, 310 views)
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum