Analog 1756-IF8

CONTROL1

Need Help: I installed an Analog Module 1756-IF8, wire to a Analog Current Sensor 4-20mA (Hawkeye 321) to monitor current from a motor. I config and wire as note on this module. I config this module as Float Data Single ended Mode, disable all alarms, polarity are corrected but I did get any reading at all. Any suggestion appreciated.

Yes, I jumper all from iRTN to RTN terminals, the only thing I didn't do is the note from the installation intruction note (4. Place additional loop devices ( e.g strip chart recorders, etc) at either A location), I not sure what this meam.

If you have a chart recorder in the loop it may have the signal "-" tied to the power supply "-". That means the current in the loop won't get to the PLC.

Have you put a meter in the loop between the signal wore and the PLC input terminal to verify that you have a mA signal getting to the PLC input card?

I just did and nothing on those leads. You mention tied to a power supply...I don't have dc power supply, only 120vac. The Analog Current Sensor may be bad???

CONTROL1 said:
I just did and nothing on those leads. You mention tied to a power supply...I don't have dc power supply, only 120vac. The Analog Current Sensor may be bad???

If thePDF attached is what you have? Then it is loop powered.
You need to power the loop. ( 24VDC) see PDF's ( channel 3 for 1756-IF8 wiring)

Last edited:
I wire as Single Ended current wiring. Will you please look at the single ended wiring example and let me know. Thanks Mickey.

CONTROL1 said:
I wire as Single Ended current wiring. Will you please look at the single ended wiring example and let me know. Thanks Mickey.

See PDF
And link to manual
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1756-um009_-en-p.pdf

SingleEnded.jpg

Last edited: