Connecting Omron CQM1H to Laptop Using USB to Serial Converter

Queen

Hi all,
I have a problem connecting Omron CQM1H to my laptop using USB to Serial. (my laptop come without serial port). Anyone can help me how to connect them.

Thanks for helping me.

Are you using the the CS1W-cif31 adaptor? I ran into a similar problem
with a CS1w model and found out from Omron that standard adaptors do not work properly with the handshaking with the toolbus protocal.

Install and connect your USB - R232 converter ; go to panel configuration and see in hardware system a additional communication port,and configure in your OMRON software a right number of port.
good luck.

Mordred & Ilhem thanks for attention.

I doesn't use usb to serial converter omron(CS1W-CF31), it's too expensive to me. I try using USB --> serial (made in taiwan). I have been configure in control panel such as : COM, baudrate, parity,stop bit etc, so do in my SYSWIN 3.4 (omron software). Anyone have an success experience for connceting them.

thanks all.

The only sure way is to buy the Omron one. I even had trouble with that but it was a laptop problem. Some work and some do not - you may have to try 4 or 5 brands before you get one that will work. Easier and cheaper to buy the Omron one.

I have only one USB port on my older IBM, Using a "IOGEAR" model GUH274, 4 port USB 2.0 hub and "Keyspan" model USA-19HS USB to serial adapter gives me no trouble at all. On a typical day I will use the blue tooth, plugged into the 4 port USB device to talk with a plc or a serial connection, than use one of the serial port adapters to talk with a HMI, and another serial port adapter to talk with a servo. This is done with all three devices online with the laptop at the same time.

I received a tip from a Omron tech about the Keyspan USB to serial port adapter. He said he used it everyday with no trouble, unlike others he tried.

I have used the Keyspan for 2 years. Omron Plc types CPM1. CPM2A, C200HE, CS1, CJ, SERIES.
Never a connection problem.

Hope this helps

I used to use the MT 609 adaptor which worked OK only as long as the Omron was in Host link mode for the connection. The other two protocals Sysmac and toolbus we ran into trouble. Funny part was that I had a connection with the MT 609 long enough to start a download but during the download it had changed something that caused errors during the download so I had to install my CX-one onto a desktop computer to use a serial port which allowed me to connect. After I talked to an Omron tech got bounced around to over 15 different techs with Omron until one of them was able to explain reasonably what had happened. After that fiasco my company was more than willing to buy the correct adaptor.

Last edited:
Am I correct that this is the same as CBL-202 from the Omron book of cables? if so which CBL number does it represent? just curious

referrring to cat #9752 for those not familiar with that publication

mordred
Am I correct that this is the same as CBL-202 from the Omron book of cables? if so which CBL number does it represent? just curious

referrring to cat #9752 for those not familiar with that publication

Same cable. Canada has the CBL-202.
Most other places it is C200HS-CN220-EU.

Hope this helps.

Install and connect your USB - R232 converter(classic market converter not OMRON converter) ; go to panel configuration and see in hardware system a additional communication port (you can find com. with number),and configure in your OMRON SYSWIN software a right number of communication port.
good luck.