CC-Link Problem

jcallis2669

Hello all. I am having a communication problem in my robotic work cell. The whole system is networked with the device CC-Link. The master station is model # Fx2N-16CCL-M. The L-ERR LED has a faint flicker on it, which according to the manual means that a communication error has occured in the host station. I am assuming the host station is the master station, meaning the one connected directly to the PLC. At random this problem will cause an absolute comm loss between one of the robot controllers in the cell and the PLC. I am kind of at a loss, as I am fairly new to CC-Link as well as networking with remote I/O's and devices. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks.

never used it on FX but CC-Link is simple to use:

1. check connections (you are using proper CC-Link cable, it's connected as bus and ends of bus have correct terminators as per manual don't they?). check if you are using shield properly.

2. configure master (specify number of slaves, type and number of "stations" assigned to each slave, map it to some memory range PLC can access, master is node 0, slaves are nodes 1, 2, 3 etc.)

3. configure slaves (make sure they are all using same speed as master, this is often called B-mode etc., then make sure that each node address is unique and set correctly)

4. if this doesn't work as expected, something is wrong in previous three points so you may want to try making only partial network (start with one slave only and keep adding). if you ar enot using proper CC-Link cable, stick with low speed (it is good idea to use low speed at first until everything works, then crank it up if you need to, i usually start with something in order of 100-200kbps when testing any new fieldbus installation...).

5. if previous points are not helping, post your connection diagram (as wired) and list of nodes (each with part number and settings) as well as CC-Link configuration

Last edited: