Equivalent SCP command in ControlLogix?

Darksabre

Hey, I've been searching around for a bit, but can't find any info about an equivalent command in ControlLogix to the SCP command.

I'm converting a RSLogix 500 program over to RSLogix 5000 from scratch, and then I ran into an SCP command. It's used to scale a raw weight input (3277 to 16384) to a nice output (0 to 4000 lbs). Any suggestions?

Thanks!

welcome to the forum ...

try this ...

CPT.JPG

The SCP instruction does not exist natively in the ControlLogix platform.

You can use the CMP instruction to scale -> y=mx+b

If you are using V16, you can create your own SCP instruction using AOI. I think RA has already done that in an example of AOI's.

SCP exists as the SCL instruction in the ControlLogix platform.

However, SCL is a function block/structured text instructions so if you don't have the function block editor in your version of Logix5K then you have to use a CPT as Ron showed or an AOI in version 16+ as Oakley mentioned.

If you do have the function block editor then I recommend the SCL instruction.

Last edited:
Darksabre said:
Hey, I've been searching around for a bit, but can't find any info about an equivalent command in ControlLogix to the SCP command.

I'm converting a RSLogix 500 program over to RSLogix 5000 from scratch, and then I ran into an SCP command. It's used to scale a raw weight input (3277 to 16384) to a nice output (0 to 4000 lbs). Any suggestions?

Thanks!

If you have Function Block Diagrams available on your Logix 5000, this is what you are looking for:

scp.jpg

Wouldn't be easier to scale the input in the Analog Input card in ControlLogix? You couldn't do that in a any 500 product but you can in ControlLogix.

John M said:
Wouldn't be easier to scale the input in the Analog Input card in ControlLogix? You couldn't do that in a any 500 product but you can in ControlLogix.

Hmm, do tell more. Is there just a scaling tab for analog input cards? I haven't messed with the card config much yet.

Yeah, my version is ladder logic only, so I'll have to stick with figuring out these AOI things, or just use that math formula. This is my first logix5000 program, so im still learning >.<
Thanks for the help so far :)

since you mentioned the input range of 3277 to 16384 in your original post, I assume (gosh, I hate that word) that your system is still using the existing SLC-500 analog input module ...

if that's the case, then doing the scaling at the module is probably NOT going to be an option ...

if you're using new ControlLogix hardware, then take a look at this screen under your module's configuration ...

scaleif8.JPG

NOTE: the values that I've entered are EXAMPLES and may NOT be correct for your application ... you'll need to tell us more about the field transmitter, etc. in order for us nail everything down ...

as always, the more we know, the more we can help ...

Ah hah, found the screen. This may be all I need. The numbers were from an existing system which is basically a mirror of this new system, only with controllogix hardware. So, we'll be using the 1756-IF8 for the analog input this time 'round. I, unfortunately, don't have the info on the field device yet, so tweaking those values isn't possible...yet.

Thanks again!

Ron Beaufort said:
since you mentioned the input range of 3277 to 16384 in your original post, I assume (gosh, I hate that word) that your system is still using the existing SLC-500 analog input module ...

if that's the case, then doing the scaling at the module is probably NOT going to be an option ...

if you're using new ControlLogix hardware, then take a look at this screen under your module's configuration ...

scaleif8.JPG

NOTE: the values that I've entered are EXAMPLES and may NOT be correct for your application ... you'll need to tell us more about the field transmitter, etc. in order for us nail everything down ...

as always, the more we know, the more we can help ...

Check your configuration when you install the card in your IO Tree. You can set it for integer or real data.

This is a great example of not getting all the information when asking a question.