Opening a Mitsubishi FX project

StuartH

I have been given a project for a mitsubishi FX3U-64MT
i have GX developer but I cant find a file on the CD that looks like it can be opened with GX developer. Can anyone tell me how to open this, or which directory the project should be in?
Failing that is there a demo version of the FX software?

the FX software is a lite version of the full GX developer and should open any FX file.

It could possibly be a file created with IEC developer not GX.

cant remember the file extension for IEC - maybe another member can help?

GX-IEC uses a whole heap of files, under the project directory there would typically be:

several sub folders and the folowing files:
.cfg
.inf
.mdb
.pro

not easy to get them mixed up really

Also bear in mind that the usual green folders that you see in GX when opening a folder won't be shown on the CD as CD's are read only, the green folder view relies on a read\write file.

Ah. Looks like it uses IAC GX developer. Is there any way to look at this code wih Standard GX? Or is there any demo software?

If there is a file called SOFTCTRL.PRO in the directory, it's definately GX IEC Developer.

If not, GX Developer should be able to open the directory. And FX3U requires at least version 8.25.

Thanks,
It has SOFTCTRL.PRO in the directory.
I have found a demo copy of IEC GX. When I installed this and tried to open the proj, it tells me it was created with a later version. The Demo copy was sent to me recently. incidently, it wont let me create a project using a FX-3U. Does this mean I dont have the latest version. It tells me its V6.10