Micrologix 1200 power up

plcguy1

i have a micrologix 1200-L40BWA. im trying to power it up. According to my research. The VAC L1 is connected to the Hot(black) wire. VAC Neut is connected to the Neutral(White) wire. and the ground symbol. is connected to the ground (green) wire. this should give power to the plc right?. if any one could provide any input that would be great. I don't want to burn the sucker out.

Thanks.

Put down the PLC and walk away before you kill yourself.

But since I suspect that is unlikely you will walk away I suggest you read the manual. If you don't have a manual you can download one from the literature library at Allen Bradley's website, www.ab.com.

Pictures;

inputpower.jpg

inputpower_1.jpg

i wont be touching anything until i know for sure what i'm doing. what i'm trying to do is figure out how to wire the plc so i can get it up and running. and upload some programs. I'm not sure what you mean by what inputs do i want. im in high school so im fairly new at this.

plcguy1 said:
i wont be touching anything until i know for sure what i'm doing. what i'm trying to do is figure out how to wire the plc so i can get it up and running. and upload some programs. I'm not sure what you mean by what inputs do i want. im in high school so im fairly new at this.

Your original question asked us to provide inputs.

In all seriousness, you should get someone more qualified to do the wiring for you. Then you can attempt to do some downloads.

plcguy1 said:

How did you come to be in posession of this PLC? Is this for a class? If so then let the instructor handle the powering up part.

Do you have RSLogix500 software and RSLinx software? You won't be able to communicate with or program the PLC without it.