You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old March 12th, 2008, 04:26 AM   #1
aidamcg
Ireland

AB PV 1000 Can Communicate But No Display

Hi All

I have a PV 1000 which when powered up recently has nothing on the display. It is an ethernet comms and I am able to upload and download the program to it but screen is like when it is in a powered off state. I do not keep them as a spare as I am trying to standardise the PV within the plan and I replaced it with a PV1000+. I am wondering if the fix to this might be the backlight. I do not want to spend to much on trying to fix it but if was just the backlight I would get one. I know in older panelviews like the 550 that you can still see something on the display when the backlight is gone. Should I be able to see something on the display if the backlight is gone on a PV 1000. If I should then I guess the problem might be a bit more difficult and costly to fix and I will forget about trying to fix it.

Thanks

Aidan
Old March 13th, 2008, 05:00 AM   #2
Warren Boswell
South Africa

Hello Aidan.

Don't know about the PV1000, but I've had PV600's where you could see nothing when the backlight has gone. Backlight sound's like a probability. Your local Rockwell agents would probably be happy to test it for you free of charge should you have a service agreement with them.
Old March 13th, 2008, 05:43 AM   #3
aidamcg
Ireland

Hi Warren

I will give the backlight a try and see what happens

Thanks

Aidan
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum