You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old June 18th, 2003, 01:42 AM   #1
ashley
Kuwait

ControlLogix IO Card Fault

Please look at the attached RSLogix5000 screen capture.
I am checking for IO card fault in a remote ControlLogix chassis. I have another 8 similar rungs above rung 8 for checking the status of the remaining IO cards.
Will this logic give me an IO card fault if a card is pulled out of it's slot or if a card is missing, i.e. will tag XA_0139B be set?
Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iocardfault.jpg (102.6 KB, 96 views)
Old June 18th, 2003, 01:58 AM   #2
Ken Roach
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Yes, that looks like a good way to check the FaultCode objects for all of the I/O modules in your system. You can use it for modules in the local chassis as well as on ControlNet or EtherNet/IP networks.

I'd condition the logic to run occasionally instead of every scan. That FBC takes up a little scan time and you don't need to run it any faster than necessary to check on the I/O modules.
Old June 18th, 2003, 04:07 AM   #3
ashley
Kuwait

Ken, I used this logic for checking IO card fault at one site. Didn't test the logic at that time. Later, the customer pulled out a couple of modules but says that he didn't get an IO card fault alarm. I need to go to site and check it.
My doubt is whether the fault code changes from 0 to some other value if a module is pulled out from its slot. Is a fault code generated if a module is not present in its slot?
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum