Prosoft MCM error code questions

I'm trying to diagnose a issue at a remote site on the other side of the continent.

The MCM is sending back an error code 2-Bad Data Address.

In my (limited) experience this generally means something on the modbus network has the wrong address, or there's a wiring issue, but we've had them verify all addresses and wiring several times.

The internet doesn't seem filled with possible causes of this particular error code, so I thought I'd poke into the forum here and see if you fine gentlemen had any ideas, whilst i continue hunting around.

Similar Topics

I have AB PLC 05/30 redundancy system,the system has actuator gate which communicating using prosoft module(cat no. 3100MCM) now on prosoft...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m trying to copy the configuration from one MVI69-MCM to another. I am having no luck establishing serial comms with the device...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I just wanted to confirm something regarding this module. What I understood from the manual, is that if RS-485 mode is selected (jumper...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I wonder what's the best type of cable to use for RS-485 2 wire + GND That is, Data+, Data- & GND I know that Belden 9841 (not...
Replies
Views
Dear colleagues, could you help please. I have Prosoft Modbus module MVI69-MCM for CompactLogix PLC. With this module I need to communicate with...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom