Simatic Manager

bleach

I am having a problem in installing SIMATIC MANAGER v. 5.3. Before, in my PC I had v. 5.4 and I uninstall it. Now when I try to install v. 5.3 it brings me an error message which is (string variable is not large enough for for string. Check the string declaration, Error 401), and it never continue installation. How I can solve this problem.

I had the same problem last year. Siemens offical answer was to reformat the HD and reinstall everything, however I found that if I searched every s7... registry entry and deleted it and made sure all s7 related files were deleted I was able to roll back to V5.3 from V5.4. Be warned it took me several hours to complete this task, but it was easier than reinstalling everything from scratch. Transfer the licence key back to the original FD or a USB key before you start just in case.

Note this comes with a health/wealth warning:

Altering the registry and deleting system files can have unexpected effects so make sure anything important is backed up in case you end up having to reinstall from scratch

coooooooooool

sounds good, thank you guys, i tried that and what i understode from the website, i even must remove Win CC and Protool and all the software that related to siemens. i mean its a pain that i reinstall every things again. if there an easy way.
BEST REGARD

If I were in your position I would uninstall the simatic manager then I would use CCleaner to clean up the registry.. For some other re-installations this have worked for me..