You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old July 28th, 2008, 09:23 PM   #1
InControl
United States

FactoryTalk View Studio Machine Edition Password Protection

I have almost completed a project using FactoryTalk and the client wants to password protect a numeric input on all screens. Does anyone have an idea of how this can be accomplished. I don't want to affect other items on the screen and i dont want to have to password protect each whole screen. In this case the value to be protected is a setpoint and they want the operator to have to enter a password to change the value. Any help will be appreciated.
Old July 28th, 2008, 10:54 PM   #2
pandersen
United States

What I normally do is create a numeric display, then an invisible numeric input enable with a visibility animation. Use the function CurrentUserHasCode() in your animation.

When a user is logged in, the numeric display will be 'visible' and able to be touched, and when the user is not logged in, the numeric input will be 'invisible' and not able to be used.

The numeric display is visible the whole time so you can still view the value.
Old July 30th, 2008, 09:50 PM   #3
InControl
United States

Pandersen Thank you very much for your help I did what you said and it works great.
Old July 30th, 2008, 10:03 PM   #4
pandersen
United States

One thing I forgot to mention - make sure you flash the latest firmware for PV+, or install all the patches if using a PC. There is a bug where using CurrentUserHasCode() can drastically slow down the runtime. I had several apps slow to the point of crashing before I discovered the fix.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum