RSview ME Activation Problems

dave_gibson

Help!!!

I am trying to activate a RSview Me V5 but I keep getting a message that tells me that there is no activation present and that in 7 days the grace period will expire.

When I look in the factory talk activation tool there is a concurrent activation present for RSview ME that I downloaded from the rockwell activation website and placed in the folder as directed. However Every time I open RSview ME it opens in demo mode.

I have contacted Rockwell a few times now about this but other than sending me a new .lic file and telling me to install it again from scratch I have have had very little joy with them.

I have a number of other rockwell activations running on my laptop that all work fine its just RSview ME I am having problems with.

Has anybody had come across this issue and have any ideas on a solution??

My RSView ME will display this message every so often. It worried me the first time it happened, but when I opened up the software the next day it still functioned (as well as it normally does anyway)

Two questions about software and hardware.

First, let's determine which software package you are talking about.

Are you running FactoryTalk View Studio for Machine Edition, or are you running the FactoryTalk View Machine Edition runtime ?

These are functionally separate programs and the activations are separate.

The most common problem I have seen with FactoryTalk activation is that when it is created with the MAC_ID of a network interface and that network interface is disabled, the FT Activation tool can't validate the otherwise perfectly good activation.

Is your activation tied to your hard drive, to a network adapter, or to a dongle ?

Software and hardware

1. I am running factory talk view studio for machine edition.

2. The activation is tied to the hard drive of the laptop I have installed it on. I have read in other post about the problems with the activation being tied to network cards on laptop.

The problem I have is that after the grace period of 7 days runs out the program reverts to demo mode and therefore only allows me to open applications with less than 5 screens in them.

When I check the activation tool it is is telling me that there is a valid current 15 screen activation installed. Yet it will still only open in demo mode.

The visible actvation is called RSVME.15

The product activation failed window is telling me that it can't find the following activations

RSVME.Studio
RSV.Studio

I have fired yet another e-mail off to Rockwell explaining this.

To make matters worse I have tried rehosting the program, as suggested by the online support pages, becuase I have done this 3 times now Rockwell have kindly locked the activations for the serial number of the software. So I now have to wait for them to unlock this before I can download another activation.

Well right there's the problem.

You have an activation for FactoryTalk View ME Runtime (RSVME.15) installed.

You are trying to run FactoryTalk View Studio ME.

But you don't have the activation for the Studio program.

As I said before: these are separate programs, with separate activations. Studio is for creating and editing FTView projects, and Runtime is for actually running them on the PC.

Probably 90% of FTView projects built with Studio run on PanelView Plus terminals, rather than on Windows XP computers, so the RSVME.xx activations are relatively uncommon.

If you intend to use this computer both for creation and editing of FTView ME projects and for running them (like an operator interface terminal) then you need activations installed both for Studio and for Runtime.

Thanks Ken,

It makes sense now. I will get back onto Rockwell, they have only ever sent me the RSVME.15 activation file. I have never downloaded or been sent the RSVME.Studio activation file.

Thanks for all the help guys.

I will update the post when everything is working.