Not PLC Related... DIN Rail Mount PushButton

K.C.

Howdy,
Sorry my question is not PLC related but I can't find any on Google. Does anyone know who makes a DIN Rail mounted push button. Doesn't need to be anything fancy. Just a single pole/single throw switch (momentary). A manufacturer or a link would be great. Thanks.

I seem to remember LeGrand makes a bracket for 22mm pushbuttons. Allows the button to mount on a DIN rail.
AB

Now I'm curious

OK, I can't stand it. I have to ask. Why do want a Pusbutton inside the enclosure? If I know, maybe I can help.

We have put keyswitches inside an enclosure before for certain override functions that only we use, the OEM or the maintenance personell would need to use on a machine.

A password protected screen may also be nice but sometimes hardwiring gives you a better feeling.

Of course, nothing is fool-proof as they just keep making better fools :p

Yes, we have a few of those things around here, just an offset flat panel with switches punched into it. Simpler than a DIN Rail.

It will be used for "maintenance" reset buttons. There will be more than one I think. Typically we would just mount a very small enclosure or have a stand-off fabbed for us and mount the buttons there. It would just be easier if I could find something that would mount the button(s) to existing DIN rail. I tried to find the LeGrand bracket but didn't see it.

ROBO,
A 1492-EBD4P is an DIN rail end barrier. If you have a different part number, I would appreciate it. Thanks for the reply.

On KC's behalf, neither of these numbers have anything to do with a switch. Your second item is a "Two level terminal block with top level capable of accepting plug in components" None of the 'plug-in components' are a switch.

Yep...Just checked the part numbers... Thanks for the reply, though...
I did find a cheap plastic adapter bracket that might work, but it looks pretty crappy... A small terminal block style push button would be really cool, but haven't heard of or found anything like that... hopefully someone else has.

How does the "component" open and close the circuit. What type of actuator does it have? I couldn't find much info about it but it looks like some type of plug-jumper or something...

K.C. it is literally a small toggle switch overmolded into a terminal block. The "back" circuit is your common and the toggle is three position. The toggle connects the common to the "front top" terminal or the "front bottom" terminal or disconnects from both. Sooooo you could actually have two inputs to your PLC if ever needed.