NEW Free RSLogix software 1000's & 1100's

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Some of you know about RSLogix starter... AB software that is free and works with only 1761-L10's http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=33740

Well a big thanks to Rockwell they have made a new version

If you are interested.. go to www.ab.com Then programmablecontrol/plc/micrologix/downloads

There you will find "RSLogix Micro Starter Lite (v8.10) bundled with RSLinx Classic Lite (v2.54) — for offline/online programming (English)"

I have downloaded it and have used it on
MicroLogix 1000's
1761-L20 (analog)
1761-L16
1761-L32
1761-L10

MicroLogix 1100's
1763-L16 (I did not try the Ethernet port)

Yes this free software also works on the 1100's :) I did not try it on the Ethernet port only DF1

I did also load it on Vista... had a few issues with RSLinxs but I will try more later...

This may be old news to some... but thought I would put it out there for others to see if they have not seen it.

Nice job Rockwell...

This is good timing, I just bought a MicroLogix 1000 off eBay for a personal project. Now I won't have to bring it to work just to program it (then find a bug when I get back home and have to wait until the next day to fix it)

This works out great for me, thanks for the tip GIT and thanks Rockwell. We have 10 trainer units with 1100's and it's always been a pain keeping track of the RSLogix licenses and transferring them to different computers when necessary. Now we can just use the free version!

I installed Micro Starter Lite from link above and it worked just fine with MLX1100 via Ethernet including online edits