You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old May 27th, 2009, 04:05 AM   #1
gsmoh2000
Egypt

Post check firmware version of CNBR

Dear all

i have a problem that is i lose the communication between Controller and I/O , when i check the PLC , i have reduendency CPU , the 1st i found on it Primary with QS , and the second is Sync (QS) but CNBR /E cards having red colors and not working , i make power reset for these cards and it work now healthy , i check rockwell automation website and i find that firmware version of CNBR cards is 10.004 this problem occur every 70.96 days so i try to get firmware version of these cards to check but i fail so please if you have solution for this problem please send me and how can i check the firmware version of CNBR without effecting on process
Old May 27th, 2009, 05:53 AM   #2
rdrast
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

RSLinx -> RSWho -> Navigate to the ControlNet Bridge, Right click, "Device Properties".

The Firmware revision will show in the dialog box.

You can also check if ONLINE with RSLogix, by again, navigating to the module, opening up it's properties box, and going to the "Module Info" tab.

All of our 'standard' CNB/E's are at 11.2 (which is actually 11.002 by Rockwell's odd versioning system). Our CN2/B's are at 20.9 (20.009).

Look First, Ask Second!

Old May 27th, 2009, 01:05 PM   #3
Ken Roach
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Using RSLinx Classic, browse to the 1756-CNB(R) module, right-click and select Module Properties. This will show you the current version of firmware in the module.

If your connection is using Ethernet, select the 1756-CNB(R) when you see it in the 1756 Chassis.

If your connection is using ControlNet, select the 1756-CNB(R) directly on the ControlNet network.

A browse can fail if you browse through a module and "loop around"

You should also be able to use the embedded web page in a 1756-ENBT/EN2T module to perform a chassis browse that will list the current firmware.

If this is an important system, I very strongly recommend engaging Rockwell Automation directly to assist your troubleshooting.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum