You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old July 14th, 2009, 07:09 PM   #1
DenisfromBalti
United States

How to go to the terminal config screen on PanelView Plus 600

Hi, im trying to go to the config mode on PanelView Plus 600 series A rev. B, but have no luck. Somebody downloaded his own application with no go to config screen button in it, so when it powers up application automatically runs, and u cant go to config screen.
Tried to establish communication via Ethernet, but dont know its ip address..
Tried to establish communication via RS-232 printer port using NC-13 cable, RSLinx doesnt see it or doesnt want to see it..
Tried to update firmware with a COMPACT FLASH UPDATE CARD, during the update process error appears "not enough space, please remove current applications"
Does anybody know how to solve it????!!!!
Old July 14th, 2009, 08:56 PM   #2
danny.michael
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Plug a keyboard into the USB port and press the Ctrl, Shift, Alt, and Windows key simultaneously.
Old July 14th, 2009, 10:01 PM   #3
SMOKE
United States

Touch Only Screens: Press and hold the box until the unit boots to config mode.
Keypad Only Screens: Hold the F1 key until the unit boots to config mode.
Old July 15th, 2009, 06:54 AM   #4
OkiePC
United States

If the method offered by smoke does not work, you can download a utility from ab.com that you can put on a memory card and it will force the PV to the config screen on power up.
Old July 15th, 2009, 10:37 AM   #5
DenisfromBalti
United States

There is no white box to press and hold during boot process, i think because of the firmware ( too old)
Pluged in a keyboard as SMOKE adviced, and got access to PanelView Transfer Utility, and there were 2 ways to download serial and Ethernet, tried serial, had no luck, seems like this PV hates serial type connection
Tried ethernet, communication established but only with Firware Upgrade Utility, finally again "not enough space message" appeared.
File Download and Upload utility (part of RSView Studio) that what i would use to delete application doesnt communicate with PV i dont knw why... RSLinx doesnt see PV when Ethernet driver is running.
So i decided to do next:
1. find a smaller firmware that can be downloaded to PV without not enough space message.
2. find a utility on ab.com to force the PV to go to config screen
Old July 15th, 2009, 11:48 AM   #6
DUNK
United States

As it boots you should see a little white box pop up on the lower left hand corner of the screen. When this pops up just touch it and it should go into config mode.
Old July 15th, 2009, 11:54 AM   #7
DenisfromBalti
United States

There is no white box to press and hold during boot process, i think because of the firmware ( too old)
Old July 15th, 2009, 12:35 PM   #8
DenisfromBalti
United States

Can somebody send me that application to force PV+ to go to config screen? I cant find it on ab.com...
Old July 15th, 2009, 01:34 PM   #9
DUNK
United States

This should help

Problem: If an application has accidentally been set to autorun with no means of exiting the project, it will continue to run that application even on reboot of the terminal.
Solution: The following utility will bring up the RSView ME Configuration screen where the user can set ME to disable the project autorun option.
Steps:
Method
  1. Rename the appropriate attached file to autorun.exe and copy the file to a compact flash card. There are two attached files, one for the PanelView Plus 400 and 600 terminals, another for the PanelView Plus 700, 1000, 1250, and 1500 terminals. Caution: Before make the change to Autorun.exe, ensure your winodws explorer is set up to display the extension. To change that on your PC, while in windows explorer click the tools pull down=>folder options=>View tab. in the window, right at the bottom there is a check box for "Hide Extension for Known File Types", Uncheck that box and click OK. Now you can change the file name.
  2. Insert the compact flash card into the terminal. The program will automatically execute. (The execution of this program is silent. There is no user interface and no indication that the program had run.)
  3. Wait 30 seconds.
  4. Remove the compact flash card.
  5. Reboot the terminal.
  6. Re-configure your terminal settings as desired.
Be sure you read all of this.
File is attached..
Attached Files
File Type: zip PVP400_600_ResetMEStartup.zip (1.6 KB, 2755 views)
Old July 15th, 2009, 01:38 PM   #10
daba
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United Kingdom

And here's the same application for the PV700 - 1500 sizes. It uses a different file but work it the same way.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PVP700_1500ResetMEStartup.zip (1.4 KB, 1895 views)
Old July 15th, 2009, 04:09 PM   #11
Roy Matson
Canada

Another way is to add a shutdown button (one of the menu items in RSView Studio). I add a popup on the first screen that opens. This allows me to go back to a previous revision without downloading.
Roy
Old July 15th, 2009, 04:40 PM   #12
dmroeder
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny.michael View Post
Plug a keyboard into the USB port and press the Ctrl, Shift, Alt, and Windows key simultaneously.
[chant]keyboard, keyboard, keyboard[/chant]

*waits to see if it catches on...
Old July 15th, 2009, 04:42 PM   #13
DUNK
United States

Was wondering if everything was OK with this issue?
Old July 15th, 2009, 06:03 PM   #14
DenisfromBalti
United States

Everyone thanks for replies, and HUUUGEEE thanks goes to daba and DUNK. That utility really saved my time and nerves!!!! I did everethn as u described in ur post Problem solved, case closed! Thanks everbody!!!
Old July 16th, 2009, 12:56 AM   #15
daba
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United Kingdom

And just a quick note that the AUTORUN.EXE file you create as in DUNKs post also works from a USB memory stick, as well as from a CF card, same procedure.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum