cannot open due to version incompatibility Factory Talk

tadams73

I've downloaded a new file to a Panel View Plus and when i go to run the application I get the error message (cannot open due to version incompatibility).Is this the software rev. or the different versions of Factory Talks SE,ME and Studio. Thanks

Verify the PVP firmware by going to Terminal Settings/System Information/About RSView Station.

Post again this information and also the software revision of View Studio you're using (and the revision to which you've created your .mer file)

Essentially the firmware on the PVP and the major revision of the created .mer file should be the same

- [FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/FONT]

PanelView Plus firmware version 4.00.11.60(CPR 7)

Factory Talk
Release Info
Release 5.00.00(CPR 9)
Patch/Pack No. 00
Build number 55

When you "create runtime app" you need to change the default to 4.0 instead of 5.0 for it to run.

Same problem here, kind of

My panelview plus firmware rev is: 5.10.02.09

My software is 6.0, but the above rev is the latest that AB shows on their site.

I have the app in software version 5.0 as well. It is loaded on another laptop. Would that be the one to try?

Any ideas?

Take a look at the RA website about the "v6" PanelView Plus terminals. It's a new logic board and OS for the PV+ 700-1500 terminals that supports the newest PV+ 6.0 firmware and the FactoryTalk View Studio 6.0 editor.

I'm commissioning a bunch of PanelView Plus 1000's (eight of them) that came out of the factory with 5.10.00 and I've upgraded to a middle revision of 5.10.03 because I've found that to be the most stable with the combination of products I am using (ControlLogix 19.52 redundancy and ControlNet).

I am using FactoryTalk View Studio 6.0 and every time I build a runtime file, I need to change the target platform setting from 6.0 back to 5.10 before I download the *.MER file. It's worked perfectly.

You need to do like I'm doing; select version 5.10 when you create the runtime *.MER file, and it will run on your PanelView Plus 5.10 terminal.