RSLogix Emulate 5000 Error

pise_jeevan

Hello,
i am getting the following error when i try to open the RS Emulator 5000
"Could not determine which modules are present in the Chassis"

and it aborts the application.

PLs. help

Same issue

Anybody have a solution for this issue? I am having the same issue and cannot find any documentation or reference to this particular problem.

Last edited:
Typing that specific phrase into the RA Knowledgebase returns Article ID # 35476 describing the consequences of corruption of the Virtual Backplane's configuration file.

The repair for this is:

Stop the RSLinx Classic service (use the toolbar or the Service Control application (SERVICES.MSC)
Stop the RSLinx Enterprise service (use the Service Control application)

Uninstall SoftLogix5800 or RSEmulate 5000 and delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Rockwell Automation\VirtualBackplaneMonitor folder and all subfolders from the registry.

Then reinstall SoftLogix5800 or RSEmulate 5000.

Thanks

Ken,

I appreciate the response. The customers site that I am working at didn't give me access to that particular information due to security reasons.

Have a great day!

Administrative Privileges

I wanted to let everyone know that there can be another reason for the error. You have to have administrative privileges on the computer that its installed on or it will not run. For security reasons my customer can not allow me those privileges and so unless Rockwell has a way to change this I will not be able to run the software on the customers site. :mad:

Thanks Ken! It worked perfectly for me.

I installed SoftLogix 5800 after uninstalling RSEmulate 5000, and the first time I tried to run SoftLogix the following message window appeared:
Softlogix Chassis Monitor
Could not determine which modules are present in the chassis. Aborting application.

Thanks again,
Mat

Last edited:
I solve it without re-installation

Hi there,

I was facing the same problem, and I solved doing these:
- Stopped RSLinx Classic, RSLinx Enterprise and Harmony;
- Deleted the registry folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Rockwell Automation\VirtualBackplaneMonitor
- Instead of uninstalling an reinstalling, I did a repair in the installation
- Reset the computer
- Deleted the content of the subfolders of C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSLogix Emulate 5000\Data

When I tried to run RS Emulate 5000, the error disappeared.