Uploading from GE fanuc 90-30

DST1

We just purchased a used machine with a GE 90-30 plc and I have a few questions. The plc was written in LM90 v9.05.

1. Is LM90 still available for download?
2. Are there any foreseeable problems uploading from the processor with proficy machine edition?

1. That version never was available for DL.
Proficy ME will cost less and give you much more efficiency.
2. Yes, but it depends on which CPU you have and what version of firmware it has.
Worst case is a firmware update, could be $100-$150 or free.

Do you have the Logicmaster files? Because the best bet would be to import the Logicmaster project files into Proficy Machine Edition rather than to upload from the PLC. Even then, there might still be compatibility issues between Machine Edition and the CPU firmware level, although a program created with LM90 v9.05 implies a reasonably recent CPU version as long as the the CPU was new around the same time as when Logicmaster 9.05 was the latest and greatest.

If you can import the Logicmaster files into Machine Edition, you'll get whatever documentation the original prgrammer included; variable names, rung comments, etc. If you upload from the CPU into Machine Edition, you get none of that. Of course, if you upload from the CPU using Logicmaster you won't get any documentation either.

Logicmaster 9.05 was included on the installation CDs for VersaPro software. If you can lay your hands on one of those, you can get Logicmaster. Other than that, as Russ has already explained, Logicmaster 9.05 was never available for download.

Once upon a time, there was a version of Logicmaster that was available online, but it was an earlier version, 8.xx IIRC, and had limited functionality aka crippleware. I don't think it's still available.

I did receive a few floppy disks that may contain the Logicmaster files. Once I get the proficy software I'll definitely import any files on those disks before I decide to upload from the CPU. Hopefully the uploaded program and the ones on the floppies match up.
Thanks for the info...