You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old December 2nd, 2009, 03:22 AM   #1
lakshmi.chamarthi
India

Omron Modbus PMCR

I have the Omron CJ1M CPU and SCU31-V1 module for Modbus with Protocol Macro using PMCR instruction in the ladder. Here PLC is the master and Remote I/O cards are slaves. We have 13 Remote cards/slaves.

Is any other method for Modbus PMCR polling other than using a counter?
Time b/n polls or pollrate on a slave in 13 slave network is 1.5sec. I want to reduce this time.

Last edited by lakshmi.chamarthi; December 2nd, 2009 at 03:24 AM.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 08:40 PM   #2
BobB
Lifetime Supporting Member
Australia

I use a counter for this always.
There are 3 things that slow down polling - number of devices - size of poll and comms speed. Increase the speed and decrease the time - decrease the number of polls and decrease the time - decrease the size of the poll and decrease the time.
I normally poll a maximum of 4-5 devices at a minimum speed of 19,200 baud. I find it is quicker to do 2 polls to a device sometimes. If I want 3 words from one area and 3 words from another area it is usually quicker to do 2 polls for the 3 words each time than poll 50 words top get the same information in one block with a lot of other rubbish.
The SCU31 has 2 x RS485 - break the network into 2 and use both ports.

Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum