You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old December 8th, 2009, 06:02 PM   #1
a11anjones
United Kingdom

Index Integer Bit will not hold a value?

Hi , I have a small problem with one of the integers that is storing a setting that is adjusted by an E700 HMI and stored in the programme.

The program stores this value in an index integer called #n12:75 and this value is copied to n7:5 where it used by the program,but the integer #n12:75 continues to hold the value 2 whatever value I enter in with the HMI.
Within another processor on the same network there is a similar instruction that performs the same task the integer #n16:75 holds a value that is copied to #n12:75, then copied again to n7:5 where it is used for a similar purpose as above- but this one works fine. The 2nd processor was an addition to the system and had a duplicated program to that above when the system was extended, this is why the addresses are similar.
Do the addresses of integers on two different processors conflict, I dont believe that they do unless they are told to. The program seems logical and there does not seem to be any conflicts. I have noticed that on the main processor which is at the end of the DF1 network that the links are removed from pins 1 & 2 and 7 & 8 on the DH485 connector, does this affect instructions
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum