You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old December 23rd, 2009, 02:38 PM   #1
e27978
United States

Micrologix 1200 after power failure

I have a microligix 1200 processor for some valve control Im trying to stop it from powering up the outputs that were on prior to power failure on start I want it to execute the program as if it were just loaded checking input conditions to prevent all the valves from opening at one time when power returns can this be done through processor status file I tried changing the mem module bits but it did not change any help would be appreciated Thanks
Old December 23rd, 2009, 03:09 PM   #2
bernie_carlton
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

You will probably have to deal with the logic itself. S:1/15 is a 'First Scan' bit and can be used to preset conditions on a power-up or program to run transition.

www.thePLCguy.com
Old December 23rd, 2009, 08:33 PM   #3
gmferg
United States

You may want to also research using "seal-in" logic versus Latch/Unlatch. I'm making an assumption here without seeing your code.

More suggestions may be provided if we can take a look at your program. Can you post it?
Old December 24th, 2009, 12:15 AM   #4
sthompson
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmferg View Post
You may want to also research using "seal-in" logic versus Latch/Unlatch. I'm making an assumption here without seeing your code.

More suggestions may be provided if we can take a look at your program. Can you post it?

That is a good point. Real world Outputs should almost never be latched. Internal Bits can be latched, and then buffered with other conditions to decide if an output should go true. Only you know the specifics of your machine, and there exceptions to ever rule. An MCR Relay with a reset that kills all Output Power is a must on machines where un-commanded restart could cause machine damage or personnel injury.

Stu......
Old December 27th, 2009, 02:51 AM   #5
e27978
United States

Dont know why but I never thought of using seal in logic insted of latch I changed program and it works fine now

Thanks to all
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum