micrologix 1200

hanyrag

i have application of reading flow rate by micrologix 1200 series c.i make SCP to the analog reading,and write float address in SCP INSTRUCTION output.but the compilor give me error to inter integer not float, i make it alot in slc but it the first time to deal with micrologix1200,plz i need help because the reading must be float

thanks
hany ragab

According to the manual, support for floating point was added with FRN6. Make sure that you have selected the series C under controller properties.

When I tried it offline with series B selected, no floating point data tables are allowed, but with series c selected, I was able to verify the SCP instruction with F8:0 as the output address.

I am using RSLogix500 v7.1.

Paul

Dear sir thanks for your reply i know that just series c support float but my problem happen when inter float in the output when it give me error and ask me inter integer not float

Is it an error, or just a Warning? Compiling, even with series C selected, always gives me a warning, it says that it will only work on FRN 6 or higher. My processor is at FRN 6 or higher, but it just knows I selected a series C 1 or 2 port ML1200. I ignore it and it will still compile and download just fine. I have half a dozen projects using Floats in SCP that do this.

I just tested mine again.

RSLogix 500 8.10 CPR9
MicroLogix 1200 (1 or 2 Comm Ports) selected.

It gives me a warning:
Warning: SCP Floating Point Operands are only valid for MicroLogix 1500 LRP/LSP Series C FRN 7 or MicroLogix 1200 Series C FRN 6 or higher processors.

I have six SCP instructions that use Floats for everything (except the input).

It doesn't stop the program from downloading, it's just a warning.

program file

dear
thanks for your reply.i attached asimple program file have scp instruction and ascreen hoot of the error ,i use rslgix500 version 7.00.00 (CPR 7. see my processor configuration
thanks
hany ragab

error

dear sir
i attached you a new archive file have aprogram and a screen shoot of the error wher i use rslogix500 7.00.00 (CPR 7) and my processor micrologix 1200 series c FRN 12.

Thanks for your interest

error.jpg

Attachments

• float.zip
    11 KB · Views: 4
Just go to Tools menu -> Options and turn off Show Warnings. This is the first thing I do when setting up RSLogix because it gets annoying real quick.

Yes, that's just a warning that can be ignored. It won't prevent the file from being verified or downloaded. Notice that the rung power rails are solid. That indicates successul verification. If there were an error, the power rails would remain as lower case "e"s.

Refer to technote 27698 for more information on this warning and how to check which firmware revision is actually in the controller in registers S:56 - S:59.