You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old January 24th, 2010, 05:52 PM   #1
Simon Webber
South Africa

Siemens S7-1200

I have just received the Simatic S7-1200 starter kit & I am slowly but surely finding my way around the TIA portal. I've successfully set up the Profinet comms, created a simple program using timers, counters & a comparator. What I have found is that everytime I need to edit something in the FC, I need to take the CPU-1212C out of 'Run' mode, download the program again & go back into 'Run' mode.
The question is: With the S7-1200 series is there a way of doing program changes/edits in the 'Run' mode as it would be very inconvenient in real life shutting down a machine just to make a program change.
Old January 24th, 2010, 08:05 PM   #2
JRW
United States

The question is: With the S7-1200 series is there a way of doing program changes/edits in the 'Run' mode as it would be very inconvenient in real life shutting down a machine just to make a program change.

Not yet- but its coming
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum