You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old February 10th, 2010, 05:38 AM   #1
lauwerstim
Belgium

WinCC v7 connecting to Profibus network (1 master, 8 slaves)

I'm having a little problem configuring my WinCC project.

I have a Profibus network with 1 master and 8 slaves (each PLC with alarm_S data), now I can get the master PLC connected to the WinCC but the slaves won't connect.
When I compile the OS it says that I havn't configured a network connection for the slave PLC's, but they already communicate with the master, so the network is fine.

Any ideas on how to get this fixed?
Old February 10th, 2010, 06:54 AM   #2
Manglemender
United Kingdom

If I've understood correctly, you have 9 PLCs all linked by Profibus with one configured as DP master and the others as DP slaves.

In WinCC you need to define a connection to each PLC individually - I think this will require a Full Softnet licence rather than the Softnet Lean licence that comes with WinCC 7.

Alternatively you can pass data between your Master and the Slaves and then have the SCADA communicate only with the Master or put them all on Ethernet - much simpler.

Nick
Old February 11th, 2010, 12:56 AM   #3
lauwerstim
Belgium

Yep, that's my setup.

I'll have to look for the Simatic net DVD them. Hope someone here has one (bit early now, nobody's here yet but me)

Ethernet is for the following project (this is type installation and I'm not allowed to change many things at once)

Copying evertyhing to the master (and use it as a data concentrator) is not what I want because every cel has it's own plc and sometimes we have 2 cells but sometimes 20 and want it to be as flexible as possible.
That's why the alarms (alarm_s) are in the slaves.

Thx for the help.
Old February 11th, 2010, 03:17 AM   #4
lauwerstim
Belgium

OK, got the DVD and installed it.

How do I configure the connection, because I can't see option for it in the Netpro.

This is a screenshot of my problem:

as you can see, the master is connected, the rest isn't
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum